India Cardiac Surgery Site is associated with experienced cardiologists to deliver the perfect treatment and recuperative plan. Before the surgery, we will educate the patient with every fact involved in surgery and maintain the transparency in procedure, facilities and the related costs. We provide quality services and also assists with arrangements by keeping the concerns of the international patients in mind, providing you the utmost care and professionalism.
How to Get Started?
Planning your medical trip to India is a very simple process with India Cardiac surgery site
1. You just need to fill in our enquiry form and one of our executives will contact you soon.
2. +91-9370586696 Call us at the given contact number for any assistance.
3. Complete information regarding surgery is provided on our website.
The cardiac surgeons can use different approaches to operate on the heart. Choosing a specific surgical approach for performing the cardiac surgery depends on the heart’s health and general health of the patient. The three main surgical approaches to operate on the heart include:
- Open Heart Surgery
- Off-pump Heart Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery
Check out the Patient Testimonial, where the patient shares about their success stories from treatments through India Cardiac Surgery Consultants.
- Open Heart Surgery:
During the open-heart surgery, the surgeon makes a large incision in the chest to open the rib cage and operate on the heart. Here “open” refers to the chest and not the heart. Your surgeon may also open the heart, depending upon the type of the surgery.
Once the heart is exposed, the patient is connected to a heart-lung bypass machine. This machine takes over the pumping action of the heart and moves the blood away from the heart. Thus, it allows the surgeon to operate on a heart that isn’t beating and doesn’t have the blood flowing through it.
Often, the open-heart surgery is used to perform heart repair or replacement surgery, coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG), heart transplants, treating the atrial fibrillation and placing the ventricular assist devices (VADs) and total artificial hearts (TAHs). Read more.
- Off-Pump Heart Surgery:
Off-pump heart surgery is also known as a beating heart surgery. Surgeons also use an off-pump surgery while performing a coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG). This surgical approach is similar to the traditional open-heart surgery, where the chest bone is opened to access the heart. However, during this approach the heart is not stopped and hence a heart-lung bypass machine isn’t used.
This surgical approach isn’t appropriate for all patients. Therefore, you should discuss with your doctor to find out if this type of surgery is an option for you. Your doctor will carefully consider your heart problem, overall health, age and other factors that may affect the surgery. Read more.
- Minimally invasive heart surgery:
During the minimally invasive heart surgery, a surgeon makes small incisions in the side of the chest between the ribs. This type of surgery may or may not use a heart-lung bypass machine. Often, this surgical approach is used to perform some bypass and maze surgeries. It is also used to repair or replace the heart valves, take a vein or an artery from the body to use a bypass graft for CABG, insert pacemakers or ICDs.
Robotic-assisted surgery is a more common type of minimally invasive heart surgery. During this surgery, a surgeon uses a computer to control the surgical tools on thin robotic arms. The tools are inserted through the small incisions in the chest, which allows the surgeon to perform the complex and highly precise surgery. During this surgery, your surgeon will always be in total control of the robotic arms as they don’t move on their own. Read more.
Why Should you Consider your Cardiac Surgery in India?
India has emerged as a renowned cardiac care hub as it offers a world class infrastructure and medical units or hospitals that are equipped with a latest innovations. Also the Indian cardiologists and cardio-thoracic surgeons have unmatched expertise and distinction of providing the comprehensive cardiac care. They are known to handle the comprehensive cardiac care ranging from the basic facilities for preventive cardiology to the most sophisticated curative technology to match the international standards.
Indian cities have top class cardiac hospitals that are equipped to handle all the phases of heart disease from the elementary to the latest clinical procedures. Many international patient visits India for various cardiac surgical approaches as there is zero wait list for patients suffering from the cardiac problem and availability of cost-effective treatments and surgery. Indian hospitals also specialize in offering the surgery to high risk patients with the introduction to innovative techniques like the minimally invasive and robotic surgery.
What is the cost for Cardiac Surgery in India?
India has no parallels in the healthcare when it comes to a cost effective treatment as compared to other developed countries. The significant cost effective cardiac treatments and surgeries in India give it a certain edge and attracts the overseas patients who couldn’t afford the highly expensive treatments in the US & UK.
- How do I make an appointment with the best cardiologist in India?
- All you have to do is send us your medical report and be rest assured. We will choose the best suitable surgeon for you, after consulting the experts.
- How long will the open heart surgery generally take?
- Depending on the surgery, the average heart surgery takes three to four hours in the operating room.
- How long do I have to stay in the hospital after the open heart surgery?
- The length of the stay in hospital varies, but generally you will be required to stay four to six days in the hospital.
- What to expect when I am awake after the open heart surgery?
- When you awake from the anesthesia following your surgery, you will notice quite a few tubes in place. First, you’ll notice the breathing tube that is preventing you from speaking. You may have a sore throat for a little while. Any tubes in your mouth or nose to keep your stomach empty will be removed at the same time as the breathing tube.
- Can I Use stairs when I go home after the open-heart surgery?
- Yes, but usually only two to three times daily. You will probably be tired and weak during the first few weeks after surgery. Follow your doctor’s instructions provided at the time of discharge.
- When can I return to work following open-heart surgery?
- Generally speaking, you can return to work in about two months. If your job requires a lot of physical effort, such as heavy lifting, it could be as long as three months. Only your surgeon can give you a precise answer, based on your medical history and surgical procedure.
- What are the advantages of off-pump heart surgery?
- Off pump heart surgery avoids the use of a Heart Lung machine, thereby eliminates the risks and complications associated with the heart-lung machine. The complications of the heart-lung machine includes stroke, seizures, multiple organ dysfunction, and compromised immunity.
- How long will the off-pump heart surgery take?
- The surgery will take somewhere between 3 to 6 hours.
- How long will I have to stay in the hospital after off-pump heart surgery?
- The average stay is about 3 to 6 days.
- Is a heart-lung bypass machine used during beating heart surgery?
- Beating heart bypass surgery is usually performed without the use of a heart-lung bypass machine. However, the machine is typically set up nearby. This is a precaution in case the surgeon needs to convert to an on-pump procedure to complete the surgery.
- How long do I have to stay in the hospital after the minimally invasive heart surgery?
- Your stay in the hospital may be for 3-4 days depending upon the intensity of the surgery. Send us your medical report so that we can tell you more about the treatment needed and hospital stay.
- How can I find the best hospital for the minimally invasive heart surgery in India?
- All you have to do is send us your medical report and be rest assured. We will choose the best hospital for you, after consulting our experts.
- Can I speak with the doctor before I come to India for treatment?
- You can talk to the doctor and satisfy all your medical queries. You can also send us your queries for answers from the top doctors.
- How will I get an Indian Medical Visa?
- To know about the procedure of getting an Indian Medical Visa, please go to our website where you will find all the details regarding the initial procedure. You can also send us a query regarding the same.
If you are really seeking Cardiac Surgical approaches in India kindly fill up the form for a free consultation with our expert cardiologists. You will be provided with thorough analysis and suggestions regarding the Heart Surgery you are seeking for.
Click to Here Fill up our Enquiry Form