India Cardiac Surgery Site is associated with experienced cardiologists to deliver the perfect treatment and recuperative plan. Before the surgery, we will educate the patient with every fact involved in surgery and maintain the transparency in procedure, facilities and the related costs. We provide quality services and also assists with arrangements by keeping the concerns of the international patients in mind, providing you the utmost care and professionalism.
How to Get Started?
Planning your medical trip to India is a very simple process with India Cardiac surgery site
1. You just need to fill in our enquiry form and one of our executives will contact you soon.
2. +91-9370586696 Call us at the given contact number for any assistance.
3. Complete information regarding surgery is provided on our website.
Named for its inventor, Norman J. (Jeff) Holter, MD, who originally researched and developed this procedure in the 1940s, a Holter monitor provides an extended (usually 24 to 48 hours) electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) of your heart’s electrical activity, including rhythm and rate. It is a simple, painless test that can be beneficial if the symptoms are intermittent or if your physician suspects an arrhythmia and is unable to capture it using a standard ECG test. Holter monitoring is also useful in showing a change in rhythm over time while you go about daily activities.
Why it is done?
If you have signs or symptoms of a heart problem like unexplained fainting, irregular heartbeat, then your doctor may order a test called as an electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG). It is a brief, non-invasive test that uses electrodes taped to your chest to check the rhythm of your heart. However, sometimes an electrocardiaogram doesn’t recognize any irregularities in your heart rhythm since you are hooked up to the machine for a short time only. Since the abnormal heart beats and other cardiac symptoms may come and go, therefore your doctor may recommend you to wear a Holter monitor for a day or so.
A Holter monitor may be able to detect irregularities in your heart rhythm that an electrocardiogram couldn’t detect. Your doctor will also order a Holter monitor if you have a heart condition that increases your risk of an abnormal heart rhythm.
Check out the Patient Testimonial, where the patient shares about their success stories from treatments through India Cardiac Surgery Consultants.
What to Expect Before Holter Monitoring?
At an outpatient office visit, a technician will place electrode patches on your chest. These will be attached to a small electronic box that you will wear strapped to your body for the next 24 to 48 hours. You will be instructed as to how to wear the monitor and when to return it.
What to Expect During Holter Monitoring?
You simply wear the monitor while you go about your daily activities. You may be asked to record any symptoms you have in a journal, noting date, time, and any activity you may have been performing at the time the symptom occurred. A Holter monitor is not painful, but wearing the device can be a little cumbersome..
What to Expect After Holter Monitoring?
At the prescribed time, you simply return the monitor to your healthcare facility with your symptom journal. Your physician will instruct you on how to obtain results.
- Why would I need a Holter monitor?
- Your doctor would order a Holter if you are having intermittent symptoms or palpitations that the doctor cannot capture on a standard in-office electrocardiogram.
- What types of things would a Holter monitor show?
- A Holter monitor shows the electrical activity of your heart, including rate, rhythm, and whether or not your heart is beating correctly (upper chambers then lower chambers). It records these things over an extended period of time, and, when combined with your journal of symptoms, can be very helpful in determining if you have an abnormal heart rhythm (arrhythmia).
- Can I bathe or shower while wearing the Holter monitor?
- The Holter monitor should not get wet. Ask your doctor for instructions regarding bathing or showering.
- How Long will the Test Last?
- The first portion of the test lasts approximately 30 minutes. You can then leave, but you must return at the designated date and time to have the Holter monitor removed and the data downloaded, which takes approximately 30 minutes.
- Will I Experience Anything During the Test
- The electrode and tape sites may itch slightly while wearing the monitor. The recording unit is very lightweight, so carrying it is usually not uncomfortable.
- How long do I need to wear it?
- The duration you’ll need to wear a Holter Monitoring device will be based on your specific case, and will be determined by your doctor. Generally, Holter Monitors are worn anywhere between a few days and a few weeks.
- Why should a patient choose India Cardiac Surgery Consultants for cardiac care?
- India Cardiac Surgery Consultants provide a vast number of high quality cardiac services. The cardiac team includes board-certified cardiologists and cardiac surgeons, specially trained nurses, and registered technologists. The cardiac team at uses the most advanced technologies available to perform the cardiac procedures and has a lower complication rate.
If you are really seeking Holter Monitoring, kindly fill up the form for a free consultation with our expert cardiologists. You will be provided with thorough analysis and suggestions regarding the Holter Monitoring you are seeking for.
Click to Here Fill up our Enquiry Form