India Cardiac Surgery Site is associated with experienced cardiologists to deliver the perfect treatment and recuperative plan. Before the surgery, we will educate the patient with every fact involved in surgery and maintain the transparency in procedure, facilities and the related costs. We provide quality services and also assists with arrangements by keeping the concerns of the international patients in mind, providing you the utmost care and professionalism.
How to Get Started?
Planning your medical trip to India is a very simple process with India Cardiac surgery site
1. You just need to fill in our enquiry form and one of our executives will contact you soon.
2. +91-9370586696 Call us at the given contact number for any assistance.
3. Complete information regarding surgery is provided on our website.Click to Here Fill up our Enquiry Form
Congenital Atrial Septal Defects (ASD) Overview
Atrial Septal defect is a hole, in the wall between the two upper chambers of the heart. These defects may repair on own during childhood. Congenital atrial Septal Defect (AVSD) Surgery in India may be necessary to prevent any form of complications for people who may have a shortened life span due to high blood pressure or heart failure.
Signs & Symptoms of Congenital Atrial Septal Defects (ASD)
Many babies born with artial septal defects do not have any form of symptoms. In adults, symptoms or signs usually occur by the age of 30, but in certain cases it may rarely be detected as well. Congenital atrial Septal Defect Surgery in India reviews of patients indicates that the following symptoms may be common
- Tiring easily after any activity
- Shortness of breath
- Skipped beats
Swelling of legs or abdomen
Check out the Patient Testimonial, where the patient shares about their success stories from treatments through India Cardiac Surgery Consultants.
Hello, I am Jessica Solarin from Nigeria. My son, Steven was a healthy infant until his fourth month checkup, the doctor heard a heart murmur. He was diagnosed with atrial septal defects and needed surgery. Me and my husband were so worried about his condition and our friend recommended us about this healthcare consultant in India. We contacted India Cardiac Surgery Consultants and after discussing our concerns, we were impressed and so gave them our consent to visit India for our son’s surgery. At the hospital, we met the surgeon who was a great humane and a gentleman. He explained us everything we need to know before the surgery and this helped us to relax a bit. The nurses and hospital staff were quite friendly and during the surgery, they visited the waiting room with updates. The recovery also went well. I want to thank the surgeon, staff and team of healthcare consultant in India for their immense support and care we received throughout our journey.
Diagnosis of Congenital Atrial Septal Defects (ASD)
The doctor may suspect an atrial septal defect if they hear a heart murmur during consultation. It can also be found out when an ultrasound exam of the heart is also done.
If the doctor suspects you have a heart defect, the doctor during Free consultation atrial Septal Defect Surgery in India may ask you to undertake the following tests
- X rays of the chest
- CT scans and MRI
Treatment of Congenital Atrial Septal Defects (ASD)
Most atrial septal defects repair on own during childhood. So it is quiet natural that the doctor may put you under observation so that the hole does not close on its own. If that is not the case then surgery is the only option left. Medications may not repair the hole, but they cannot repair the hole, but go a long way to reduce the symptoms.
Adult and Adolescent Management
If you have a congenital heart defect, or if you had a surgery to correct one, there may be tab on certain activities and other issues
- Diet – A healthy diet based on fruit, vegetables and low in saturated fat can keep your heart healthy. Eating one or two servings of fish in a week would be more than beneficial
- Exercise- Having this deformity does not restrict you from any form of physical activity.
Why choose an Indian Hospital for Congenital Atrial Septal Defects (ASD) Surgery?
Indian hospitals have scaled the popularity charts as far as Low cost Congenital Atrial septal defect surgery in India is concerned. Most of the hospitals in the country are well equipped with the latest in technology and the surgeons have a proven track record of having been part of several successful surgeries. When it comes to surgery related to the heart, the safety and the comfort of the patients is topmost on the agenda and the Indian hospitals are the perfect role model in that regard.
Cost for Congenital Atrial Septal Defects (ASD) Surgery in India
Affordable congenital artial surgery in India ensures that there are considerable savings on the cost aspect when it comes to the surgery part. This extra savings in cost can be put to more productive purposes. This is the main reason on why medical tourism in India is making rapid strides.
- When Your Child Has an Atrial Septal Defect (ASD)?
- The heart has four chambers. An atrial septal defect (ASD) is a hole in the dividing wall (atrial septum) between the two upper chambers (atria) of the heart. There are three types of atrial septal defects:
- Sinus venosus defect occurs in the higher part of the atrial septum.
- Secundum defect occurs in the middle part of the atrial septum.
- Primum defect occurs in the lower part of the atrial septum.
- What Causes an Atrial Septal Defect?
- An ASD is a congenital heart defect. This means it’s a problem with the heart’s structure that your child was born with. It can be the only defect, or it can be part of a more complex set of defects. The exact cause is unknown, but most cases seem to occur by chance. Having a family history of heart defects can be a risk factor.
- Why Is an Atrial Septal Defect a Problem?
- Blood normally flows from chamber to chamber in one direction through the left and right sides of the heart. With an ASD, blood flows through the defect from the left atrium to the right atrium. This is called a left-to-right shunt. It causes more blood than normal to enter the right side of the heart. As a result, more blood than normal has to be pumped to the lungs. Too much blood flow to the lungs can increase the pressure in the pulmonary arteries (blood vessels leading from the heart to the lungs). Over time, the pulmonary arteries can become damaged and lung problems can occur in adulthood.
- What Are the Symptoms of an Atrial Septal Defect?
- Most children with an ASD appear to be in normal health and have no symptoms. If symptoms are present, they can include:
- Tiring easily during exercise
- Trouble breathing
- Frequent pneumonias
- Slow growth
- How Is an Atrial Septal Defect Diagnosed?
- During a physical exam, the doctor checks for signs of a heart problem such as a heart murmur. This is an extra noise caused when blood doesn’t flow smoothly through the heart. If a heart problem is suspected, your child will be referred to a pediatric cardiologist. This is a doctor who diagnoses and treats heart problems in children. To check for an ASD, the following tests may be done:
- Chest x-ray: X-rays are used to take a picture of the heart and lungs.
- Electrocardiography (ECG or EKG): The electrical activity of the heart is recorded.
- Echocardiography (echo): Sound waves (ultrasound) are used to create a picture of the heart and look for structural defects.
- How Is an Atrial Septal Defect Treated?
- Certain ASDs (such as smaller secundum defects) may close on their own in the first few years of life. So the cardiologist may check your child’s heart regularly and wait to see if an ASD closes.
- What Are the Long-term Concerns?
- After closure of an ASD, your child can play sports and do other normal activities.
- How do I make an appointment with the best cardiologist in India?
- All you have to do is send us your medical report and be rest assured. We will choose the best suitable surgeon for you, after consulting the experts.
An ASD can lead to certain heart problems over time. But it can be often be treated.
If an ASD is large or doesn’t close on its own by the time your child is school age, repair may be suggested. The cardiologist will evaluate your child’s condition and discuss treatment options with you.
An ASD that’s left untreated, can lead to further health problems later in life. Your child is at higher risk of blood vessel disease in the lungs and has a higher risk of stroke as an adult.
After treatment, most children with an ASD can be active like other children
Regular follow-up visits with the cardiologist are needed. The frequency of these visits may decrease as your child grows older.
Your child may need to take antibiotics before having any surgery or dental work. This is to prevent infection of the inside lining of the heart and valves. This infection is called infective endocarditis. Antibiotics may also be needed for about 6 months after closure of the defect, or as directed by the cardiologist.
If you are really seeking Congenital Atrial Septal Defects (ASD) Surgery, kindly fill up the form for a free consultation with our expert cardiologists. You will be provided with thorough analysis and suggestions regarding the Congenital Atrial Septal Defects (ASD) Surgery you are seeking for.
Click to Here Fill up our Enquiry Form