India Cardiac Surgery Site is associated with experienced cardiologists to deliver the perfect treatment and recuperative plan. Before the surgery, we will educate the patient with every fact involved in surgery and maintain the transparency in procedure, facilities and the related costs. We provide quality services and also assists with arrangements by keeping the concerns of the international patients in mind, providing you the utmost care and professionalism.
How to Get Started?
Planning your medical trip to India is a very simple process with India Cardiac surgery site
1. You just need to fill in our enquiry form and one of our executives will contact you soon.
2. +91-9370586696 Call us at the given contact number for any assistance.
3. Complete information regarding surgery is provided on our website.Click to Here Fill up our Enquiry Form
What is Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return (TAPVR)?
The pulmonary veins are the four blood vessels that return the oxygen rich blood from the lungs to the left atrium, of the heart. Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return (TAPVR) in India is a rare congenital defect where all the four veins do not connect normally to the left atrium.
Types of Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return (TAPVR):
1) Supracardiac Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return – The pulmonary veins drain to the right atrium via the superior vena cava.
2) Cardiac Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return – The pulmonary veins come together behind the heart, and then drain to the right atrium via the coronary sinus.
3) Infracardiac Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return – The pulmonary veins drain to the right atrium via the liver and the inferior vena cava.
Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return (TAPVR) Surgery in India reviews of patients indicates that because of the abnormal pulmonary vein connection oxygen returning from the lungs mixes with the blue (oxygenated blood) returning from the body. As the blood posses a mixture of red and blue (oxygenated along with deoxygenated) blood the overall oxygen content in the blood is decreased in the blood leaving the heart and going to the body.
Patients with obstructed total anomalous pulmonary venous return are critically ill with severe cyanosis and the net result is unstable blood pressure. Emergency medical intervention is the need of the hour in such cases.
Signs & Symptoms of Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return (TAPVR)
Patients affected by this deformity are ill after birth. The children tend to have respiratory problems. It is assumed that children are the victims of pneumonia or other respiratory problems; until and unless an accurate cardiac diagnosis is made.
In case of some children with the common type of total anomalous venous return is first detected when the doctor hears a murmur in the heart with the help of a stethoscope. Free Consultation Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return (TAPVR) Surgery in India would not be a bad idea if you suspect any form of problems.
Check out the Patient Testimonial, where the patient shares about their success stories from treatments through India Cardiac Surgery Consultants.
Hi, I am Mrs. Isabel Kabakka from Kenya. Me and my husband excitedly welcomed our first child, a baby boy. However, he began to show the signs of distress almost immediately and his little fingers and toes had turned blue. My doctor examined my son and tole us he needed to undergo total anomalous pulmonary venous return surgery. This term was completely new to me and so I went online searching and came across your website. I was impressed with your services after going through the information and the patient testimonial. I contacted them and gave my consent to visit India for my son’s surgery. The doctor assured us about our baby’s condition before the surgery. The nurses were so caring and compassionate. The surgery went smoothly. I am grateful to the doctors, nurses and the team of healthcare consultants for their support and care. Today, my son is completely healthy and active, this has been possible with your assistance throughout our journey.
Diagnosis of Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return (TAPVR)
The diagnosis may be suspected initially when the physician hears a heart murmur. He may order a series of tests in the form of chest X rays, the measurement of the oxygen saturation levels and echocardiogram (it will show on whether there is an enlargement of the large atrium)
In certain cases, cardiac catheterization may be needed, which will define all the abnormal connection of the veins.
Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return (TAPVR) is a defect that requires surgical intervention. The timing of Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return (TAPVR) Surgery in India will depend upon the severity of the damage and the condition of the child. Surgical intervention is performed immediately in case of children who have totally obstructed pulmonary venous return without any obstruction.
The surgical intervention connects all the veins on the back of the left atrium resulting in normal connection of pulmonary veins to the left atrium.
Outcome and Long-term Outlook
The outlook of Affordable Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return (TAPVR) Surgery in India is excellent. The mortality of the surgical part is less than 5 % when repair is performed effectively. The long term outlook after surgical intervention is also pretty decent. As the surgical repair results in normal circulation, the children are expected to grow normally and they usually have small form of symptoms.
Abnormal cardiac rhythm is another complication of total anomalous pulmonary venous return, but it also rare. Because an extensive amount of artial surgery is involved in the repair, the patients tend to experience abnormal electrical pulses that arise in the atrium.
Adult and Adolescent Management
Patients with Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return (TAPVR) Surgery in India started their lives as blue babies, and then the surgical repair made the pink. Fortunately, many of the patients do well after repair; they do not need expert follow up like the adults. However, some need so.
Why choose an Indian Hospital for Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return (TAPVR) Surgery?
Indian hospitals have scaled the summit of success as far as medical treatment is concerned. Not only are they located in the top cities, of the country, even the smaller cities are catching up. All of them have top notch surgeons who have been part of several successful surgeries. This contributes to the safety along with the comfort of the patients.
In addition to this all the major hospitals in the country have zero waiting lists, which mean that you can get the surgery performed at the shortest possible juncture and you do not have to wait for the turn of your surgery.
Cost for Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return (TAPVR) Surgery in India
Low cost Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return (TAPVR) Surgery in India draws in medical tourists from all over the world. In fact India is one of the countries in the world where medical tourism has caught up big time. Mushrooming on this wave lot of companies has been set up that cater to the needs of the international patients. They have eminent panelists on board who can guide you at each and every step of your medical journey.
- What causes TAPVR?
- The cause of total anomalous pulmonary venous return is unknown.
- My child was born healthy and now is very sick. What happened?
- Children who have TAPVR without blocked vessels typically appear healthy at birth. Over time, the low levels of oxygen in their blood lead to symptoms that continue to get worse until your child has corrective surgery.
- Does my child have to have surgery? Can we try other treatments first?
- Unfortunately, the only effective treatment for TAPVR is corrective surgery. The good news is that after your child recovers, he or she can expect to live a normal healthy life.
- Will my child need more than one surgery?
- It’s possible. After surgery, scar tissue may form around the connection between the pulmonary veins and the heart. If the scar tissue interferes with normal heart functioning, your child will need an additional procedure to remove it.
- How do I make an appointment with the best cardiologist in India?
- All you have to do is send us your medical report and be rest assured. We will choose the best suitable surgeon for you, after consulting the experts.
- When are single ventricle defects usually diagnosed, and how?
- A single ventricle defect like HLHS can sometimes be detected on a routine prenatal ultrasound. Many babies with a single ventricle defect show symptoms on the day they’re born or shortly thereafter. Other babies usually show symptoms in the month of life.
If your newborn baby was born with a bluish tint to his skin, or if your young child is experiencing symptoms, your paediatrician will refer you to a paediatric cardiologist, who will perform a physical exam.
Children’s cardiologist in India will detect a heart murmur, measure blood oxygen levels (non-invasively) and order diagnostic testing, which could include EKG, cardiac ultrasound, cardiac MRI, cardiac catheterization or chest x-ray.
If you are really seeking Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return (TAPVR) Surgery, kindly fill up the form for a free consultation with our expert cardiologists. You will be provided with thorough analysis and suggestions regarding the Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return (TAPVR) Surgery you are seeking for.
Click to Here Fill up our Enquiry Form