India Cardiac Surgery Site is associated with experienced cardiologists to deliver the perfect treatment and recuperative plan. Before the surgery, we will educate the patient with every fact involved in surgery and maintain the transparency in procedure, facilities and the related costs. We provide quality services and also assists with arrangements by keeping the concerns of the international patients in mind, providing you the utmost care and professionalism.
How to Get Started?
Planning your medical trip to India is a very simple process with India Cardiac surgery site
1. You just need to fill in our enquiry form and one of our executives will contact you soon.
2. +91-9370586696 Call us at the given contact number for any assistance.
3. Complete information regarding surgery is provided on our website.Click to Here Fill up our Enquiry Form
Transposition of the Great Arteries Overview:
Transposition of the Great Arteries in India is a serious, but a rare form of heart defect present at the time of birth. It is usually detected within the first few hours to weeks of life. Transposition of the Great Arteries Surgery in India is the only solution for the eradication of the problem. Having a baby affected by this syndrome can be alarming, but with the right form of treatment the outlook looks promising.
Signs & Symptoms of Transposition of the Great Arteries
The common symptoms associated with Transposition of the Great Arteries include
- Poor weight gain or lack of appetite
- Shortness of breath
- Blue coloring of the skin
Transposition of the Great Arteries Surgery occurs during fetal growth when the heart of the baby is developing. Why this defect occurs though is unknown in most of the cases. In this deformity, the positions of aorta and the pulmonary artery are interchanged. The former is connected to the right ventricle, whereas the latter is connected to the left ventricle. Circulation of blood which is poor in oxygen causes the skin to have a blue tinge. If you are having any doubts then Free Consultation Transposition of the Great Arteries Surgery in India would not be a bad idea to seek out some form of emergency help.
Check out the Patient Testimonial, where the patient shares about their success stories from treatments through India Cardiac Surgery Consultants.
Alice and Francis from Zambia learnt that their unborn baby has transposition of the great arteries (TGA) a form of congenital heart disease, they decided to start researching proper treatment abroad. Luckily, their friend suggested to check out the medical facilities in India offering better treatments within their budget. “We got a free consultation for the same and decided to travel India for our baby’s surgery. It has been the most difficult time in our lives, but your team helped us and supported us throughout the entire process. The surgeon was friendly and compassionate. The nurses took care of all our needs. The staff were warm and very caring. Everything went well. We are thankful to everyone for their support, care and helping us arrange the surgery and food, travel arrangements. You guys are doing an amazing job. God Bless!”
Diagnosis of Transposition of the Great Arteries
Though, it is impossible to diagnose Transposition of the Great Arteries before birth. The tests are not undertaken until and unless the doctor suspects, that your baby has congenital heart disease. Sometimes the blue color is noticed if your baby has another heart defect. This could be a hole in the wall, separating the left and right chamber of the heart.
The doctor may also suspect this deformity if the baby has a heart murmur. (An abnormal whooshing sound that is caused by turbulent blood flow) the physical exam is not only enough for the correct diagnosing this deformity and to obtain accurate results one may have to undertake echocardiogram, echocardiogram or chest X rays.
Treatments of Transposition of the Great Arteries
Transposition of the Great Arteries Surgery in India reviews of patient indicate that the doctor may recommend several options before suggesting any form of surgery. This could be in the form of mediation or atrial septostomy.
Surgery is the option where the surgeon often fixes up the solutions and this is usually done during the first few months of life. After the surgery the patient may require regular follow up with a cardiologist. They will monitor the condition of the heart and in some cases you may be asked to consume antibiotics if you are undertaking some other form of surgery.
Results of Treatment
Most of the babies who have undertaken this course of treatment have experienced positive outcomes from this surgery. The post follow up assumes a lot of significance during the course of the surgery and if the plan is followed properly the recovery process tends to speed up considerably. In this regard the advice of the surgeon should be paid heed.
Adult and Adolescent Management
Caring for a baby with Transposition of the Great Arteries Surgery can be a challenging and at the same time frightening. A look at some strategies that may make the process easier
- Seek support- You can ask for help from your near or dear ones and have a quiet word with your child’s cardiologist and look out for any form of assistance around you
- Spell out your concerns- one may be worried about the effects or rigorous activity even after your child has had the surgery. Find out from the cardiologist on which activities are safe for the child
- All details about the health history of the baby should be noted down from time to time.
Why choose an Indian Hospital for Transposition of the Great Arteries Surgery?
Most patients travel aboard for medical related ailments. In most cases than not regular follow up is needed. Telemedicine and Affordable Transposition of the Great Arteries Surgery in India are the pillars on which the hospitals have created new standards. One can stay in touch with their respective doctors and that ensures regular follow up through telemedicine. The patient needs to check out which top notch hospitals in the country have this facility before enrolling in them. This makes the process as the patient does not have to pay repeated visits to the country. The end result is considerable savings on the cost part and the extra money can be put to more productive uses.
Cost for Transposition of the Great Arteries Surgery in India
Low cost of the Great Arteries Surgery in India means that the costs are on the reasonable side without compromising on the quality of services. India is a land of diverse culture, where there are plenty of tourist attractions. It would be a great idea to combine a medical trip to a visit to the beautiful tourist locations of the country.
- How do I make an appointment with the best cardiologist in India?
- All you have to do is send us your medical report and be rest assured. We will choose the best suitable surgeon for you, after consulting the experts.
- Which doctor should I consult if my child has transposition of great vessels?
- You should consult a pediatric surgeon in cardiac super-speciality.
- Can transposition of great vessels be treated with medicines?
- No, surgical intervention is the mainstay of treatment and that too as early as possible.
- What is Dextro-Transposition of great arteries?
- In transposition of great arteries (TGA), the aorta generally lies anterior and to the right of the pulmonary artery. For this reason, this is also referred to as D-TGA or Dextro-Transposition of great arteries.
- How is TGA classified?
- TGA is classified as follows:
- TGA with intact ventricular septum
- TGA with ventricular septal defect (VSD)
- TGA with VSD without pulmonic stenosis
- TGA with VSD with pulmonic stenosis (called as tetralogy physiology)
In corrected TGA, the aorta lies anterior and to the left of the pulmonary artery. Hence, the term L-TGA or Levo-Transposition of the great arteries is used in this situation.
If your newborn baby was born with a bluish tint to his skin, or if your young child is experiencing symptoms, your paediatrician will refer you to a paediatric cardiologist, who will perform a physical exam.
Children’s cardiologist in India will detect a heart murmur, measure blood oxygen levels (non-invasively) and order diagnostic testing, which could include EKG, cardiac ultrasound, cardiac MRI, cardiac catheterization or chest x-ray.
If you are really seeking Transposition of the Great Arteries Surgery, kindly fill up the form for a free consultation with our expert cardiologists. You will be provided with thorough analysis and suggestions regarding the Transposition of the Great Arteries Surgery you are seeking for.
Click to Here Fill up our Enquiry Form