India Cardiac Surgery Site is associated with experienced cardiologists to deliver the perfect treatment and recuperative plan. Before the surgery, we will educate the patient with every fact involved in surgery and maintain the transparency in procedure, facilities and the related costs. We provide quality services and also assists with arrangements by keeping the concerns of the international patients in mind, providing you the utmost care and professionalism.
How to Get Started?
Planning your medical trip to India is a very simple process with India Cardiac surgery site
1. You just need to fill in our enquiry form and one of our executives will contact you soon.
2. +91-9370586696 Call us at the given contact number for any assistance.
3. Complete information regarding surgery is provided on our website.Click to Here Fill up our Enquiry Form
Vascular Rings Overview:
Vascular Rings in India is a manner of congenial lesion where the normal vessels are in an abnormal position and causes obstruction of the airway. In way vascular rings is associated with abnormal development of the aortic arch complex.
Problems caused by Vascular Rings:
- Swallowing and chewing are more common problems associated with older children. During the evaluation, occasionally a vascular ring is discovered
- Children, who are affected by aortic, arch anomalies, tend to present themselves earlier and swallowing are present in the first few months of life when on a liquid diet.
Signs & Symptoms of Vascular Rings
The symptoms associated with vascular rings tend to be varied in nature. Occasionally they may notice in newborn kids, but often they are recognized at a later stage. Free consultation Surgical procedure for Vascular rings in India would not be a bad idea if you have mild symptoms. A patient who is less than 6 months of age and affected by this deformity, airway obstruction is the most common symptom. The breathing difficulties may worsen and upper respiratory infections may be pretty common.
Check out the Patient Testimonial, where the patient shares about their success stories from treatments through India Cardiac Surgery Consultants.
When Smart was born, his parents Andrew and Lizy Attah from Nigeria knew that he would immediately need a surgery as their doctor has diagnosed him with vascular rings. His worried parents start researching about the medical treatments abroad. “We came across medical services in US & UK, but they were quite expensive and had long waiting lists. Then we arrived at your website and after free consultation, we decided to travel to India for the surgical procedure. The Hospital staff was warm and welcomed us. The surgeon was truly professional and compassionate. The nurses were amazing and took care of all our needs. Their services were excellent and it has been a wonderful experience. We are happy to get our appointment fixed with India Cardiac Surgery Site, you guys have been with us from the start of our journey. May God bless you!
Diagnosis of Vascular Rings
Surgical procedures for Vascular Rings in India indicates that the physical examination can differentiate the noisy sound which is different from other problems like asthma. With a vascular ring, the noisy sound may be heard during inspiration and expiration, whereas in the case of asthma the sound is only after expiration. The surgeon may ask you to undertake Chest X rays or MRI scans
Treatments of Vascular Rings
A surgery is the evitable option in all problematic cases associated with vascular rings. Given the low risk associated with this surgical procedure, it would not be a bad idea to be under observation, especially for the young children
What to Expect with Results of Treatment?
Total eradication of the symptoms is possible after the operation, though persistence of some symptoms may be common. Specify anatomy or the division of the ring may leave the segment of the aorta in an abnormal position. In such cases improvement in the symptoms of swallowing will be seeing gradually.
Adult and Adolescent Management
Surgical procedure for vascular rings in India reviews indicates that they are seldom present in adult life. When they are diagnosed early and are managed by surgeons things tend to be under control. If the patient has been cured, the symptoms do not appear and regular monitoring may not be needed.
Why choose an Indian Hospital for Surgical Procedure to Treat Vascular Rings?
Indian hospitals are the best in the business as far as Affordable Surgical procedure for Vascular Rings in India is concerned. Most of the elite class of hospitals have eminent surgeons and support staff who have years of experience. So the safety along with the comfort of the patient is on top of the agenda.
Cost of Surgical procedure for Vascular Rings in India
Low cost surgical procedure for Vascular Rings in India ensures that you make considerable savings on the cost aspect without compromising on the quality of treatment. This savings in cost can be put to more productive purposes like going on a sightseeing trip to the beautiful tourist locations of the country.
- How do I make an appointment with the best cardiologist in India?
- All you have to do is send us your medical report and be rest assured. We will choose the best suitable surgeon for you, after consulting the experts.
- What are vascular rings?
- Vascular ring is an abnormal formation of the aorta, the large artery that carries blood from the heart to the rest of the body. It is a congenital problem, which means it is present at birth.
- What are the Alternative Names for vascular rings?
- Right aortic arch with aberrant subclavian and left ligamentum ateriosus.
- What are the causes?
- Vascular ring is rare. It accounts for less than 1% of all congenital heart problems. The condition occurs as often in males as females. Some infants with vascular ring also have another congenital heart problem. Vascular ring occurs very early in the baby’s development in the womb. Normally, the aorta develops from one of several curved pieces of tissue (arches). The body breaks down some of the remaining arches, while others form into arteries. Some arteries that should break down do not, which forms a vascular ring.
- What are the Symptoms?
- Some children with a vascular ring never develop symptoms. However, in most cases, symptoms are seen during infancy. Pressure on the windpipe (trachea) and esophagus can lead to breathing and digestive problems. The more the ring presses down, the more severe the symptoms will be.
- Breathing problems may include:
- High-pitched cough
- Loud breathing (stridor)
- Repeated pneumonias or respiratory infections
- Respiratory distress
- Difficulty eating solid foods
- Difficulty swallowing (dysphagia)
- Gastroesophageal reflux (GERD)
- Slow breast or bottle feeding
- What are the Exams and Tests?
- The doctor will listen to the baby’s breathing to rule out other breathing disorders such as asthma. Listening to the child’s heart through a stethoscope can help identify murmurs and other heart problems. The following tests can help diagnose vascular ring:
- Chest x-ray
- Computed tomography (CT) scans of the heart and major blood vessels
- Camera down the throat to examine the airways (bronchoscopy)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the heart and major blood vessels
- Ultrasound examination (echocardiogram) of heart
- X-ray of blood vessels (angiography)
- X-ray of the esophagus using a special dye to better highlight the area (esophagram or barium swallow)
- What are the Treatments?
- Surgery is usually performed as soon as possible on children with symptoms. The goal of surgery is to split the vascular ring and relieve pressure on the surrounding structures. The procedure is usually done through a small surgical cut in the left side of the chest between the ribs.
- What to expect with the Outlook (Prognosis)?
- How well the infant does depends on how much pressure the vascular ring is putting on the esophagus and trachea and how quickly the infant is diagnosed and treated.
- What are the Possible Complications?
- Delaying surgery in serious cases can lead to serious complications, such as damage to the trachea and death.
- When to Contact a Medical Professional?
- Call your health care provider if your baby has symptoms of vascular ring. Getting diagnosed and treated quickly can prevent serious complications.
- What Preventions need to be taken?
- There is no known way to prevent this condition.
With vascular ring, some of the arches and vessels that should have changed into arteries or disappeared are still present when the baby is born. These arches form a ring of blood vessels, which encircles and presses down on the windpipe (trachea) and esophagus. Several different types of vascular ring exist. In some types, the vascular ring only partially encircles the trachea and esophagus, but it still can cause symptoms.
Eating may make breathing symptoms worse.
Digestive symptoms are rare, but may include:
Changing the child’s diet may help relieve the digestive symptoms of vascular ring. The doctor will prescribe medications (such as antibiotics) to treat any respiratory tract infections, if they occur.
Children who do not have symptoms may not need treatment, but should be carefully watched to make sure the condition does not become worse.
Surgery works well in most cases and often relieves symptoms right away. Severe breathing problems may take months to go away. Some children may continue to have loud breathing, especially when they are very active or have respiratory infections.
If you are really seeking Vascular Ring Surgery, kindly fill up the form for a free consultation with our expert cardiologists. You will be provided with thorough analysis and suggestions regarding the Vascular Ring Surgery you are seeking for.
Click to Here Fill up our Enquiry Form