About Wockhardt Hospitals
The existence of the Wockhardt Hospital is the result of a 40-year tradition of caring and innovation nurtured by Wockhardt Ltd. which is India's 5th largest Pharmaceutical and Healthcare company with a presence in about 20 countries all over the globe.
Wockhardt Hospitals have become a leading health service provider within a short period since its inception due to its strong presence in the western parts of the country, i.e. Mumbai, Goa, Nagpur, Nasik, Rajkot and Surat. This group of 9 hospitals fulfils the needs of the community in its chosen field of super speciality like Cardiology, Neurology, Orthopedics, Urology, Aesthetics, Gastroenterology and Minimal Access Surgery.
We follow a process driven quality systems that adhere to the international standards of clinical care, infection control, safe environment and respect for the patient rights & privacy. We enrich the quality of life of each patient in a caring and nurturing environment and with the greatest respect for human dignity and life through the state of the art multi-disciplinary capabilities and a world-class infrastructure and technology.
Most of the Wockhardt group of hospitals have accreditation of the NABH (National Accreditation Board of Hospitals & Healthcare), which is one of the highest and the most stringent quality standards institution in India and the National authority in healthcare accreditation. In order to meet these standards, the hospital requires to have a superior quality driven approach precisely from the patient registration, admission, pre-surgery & post-surgery protocols, discharge from the hospitals to the follow-up post discharge.
In order to achieve our vision of establishing the state-of-the-art medical services and facilities in India along with a high degree of clinical excellence, we have entered into strategic alliances with Partners Medical International, USA. Wockhardt has an access to Harvard's expertise and experience in the fields of surgery and other Medical care and services.
Partners Medical International is a non- profit organization in the USA that serves as a catalyst to bring together the best healthcare professionals from around the globe towards improving the healthcare delivery through education and to implement its vision that every citizen across the globe should have an access to high quality healthcare in their own country. Today, Harvard Medical International has selective collaborations with medical communities and Wockhardt hospitals are one of them.
Wockhardt group of hospitals in India is one of the a preferred destinations for the patients from Europe, Africa, USA, Middle East and South Asia. Most of the doctors/surgeons have been trained or worked comprehensively at some of the best medical institutions in the US, Europe and other developed countries.
Mission and Vision
At Wockhardt Hospitals, we believe that the core values of excellence, respect, integrity, teamwork and caring are essential for the well being of our staff and our patients and this is evident in the vision and mission of our hospitals.
"Wockhardt Hospitals will strive to excel by fulfilling the needs of the community in its chosen field of medical treatment"
Due to our emphasis on high teamwork, we bring together all the essential disciplines and skills from the many resources of our organization to serve all our patients better and attempt to place the Wockhardt Care in a league of its own.
"To serve and improve the quality of life of patients suffering from diseases, through the efficient deployment of advanced technology and human expertise, in a caring and nurturing environment with the greatest respect for human dignity and life."
We believe in offering the best practice standards in our services, continuously improve the performance and exceed the expectations of our patients as well as their families. We believe in building and maintaining the long-term relationships with our patients, so as to become an essential resource for their well being. We believe in:
- Continuously educating the community about the prevention of cardiac disorders.
- Training and developing the best human resource as a key to deliver better-quality patient service.
- Leading the growth of professional standards in Healthcare Management.
- Consistently investing in technology and infrastructure so as to match the international benchmarks.
A trusted name in Healthcare, Wockhardt Hospitals treats the patients from all over South East Asia, the Middle East, South Asia and Africa. Our tie-ups with many global health insurance giants prove as a significant endorsement. Wockhardt Hospitals is the first recognized hospital in South Asia on the worldwide panel of Blue Cross Blue Shield, which is the largest provider of health insurance in USA.
The lists of global tie-ups include the following:
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield Association, USA
- Global Emergency Services Inc. USA
- SOS International Inc. Singapore
- MEDEX Inc. USA
- Assist America Inc. USA
- Global Medicine Management Inc. USA
- BUPA, UK
- GESA Assistance, Singapore
- Wockhardt Hospitals have won about 9 prestigious HR Awards at World HRD Congress 2015 Seminar & Summit Mumbai on 4 different platforms.
- Wockhardt Hospital, Nagpur and Wockhardt Hospital, Rajkot have won awards for Excellence at the 5th CMO Asia Excellence for Health Care Awards held in Singapore.
- Wockhardt Hospital, Nagpur won in the category of Best patient safety initiative award for implementing a measure to prevent the Wrong Patient, Wrong Site and Wrong Surgery.
- Wockhardt Hospital, Rajkot has won in the category of Innovation of Quality Service Delivery award for implementing our Mobile Medical Van concept successfully.
- Wockhardt Hospitals, Nashik have won the Award for the best Quality Initiative in Healthcare at the National Awards For Excellence In Healthcare, held in Mumbai on July 2015.
- Commissioned Wockhardt Hospitals, South Mumbai.
- Acquiring the Management and Operation of TUIMSAR (The Umrao Institute of Medical Science and Research), North Mumbai.
- NUSI Wockhardt Hospitals in Goa becomes the first NABH accredited hospital in the state.
- Wockhardt Hospitals Nashik, received NABH accreditation.
- N.M. Virani Wockhardt Hospitals, Rajkot received NABH accreditation.
- Wockhardt Hospitals, Nagpur has been rated as the best Multi-Specialty hospital in the region.
- Zahabiya Khorakiwala, Managing Director of Wockhardt Hospitals and the daughter of Habil Khorakiwala, the Founder Chairman & Group CEO, Wockhardt won the Business Today Award for the most powerful women in Indian Business.
- Commissioned NUSI Wockhardt Hospitals, Goa.
- Zahabiya Khorakiwala, Founder Chairman & Group CEO Habil Khorakiwala’s only daughter and the youngest of her three siblings, was appointed as Executive Director and promoted later as MD for Wockhardt Hospitals.
- Wockhardt Hospitals, Nagpur has become the first multispecialty hospital in Central India to be accredited by NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Health Care Providers).
- Wockhardt Hospitals has sold ten out of the 17 hospitals it owns to the Fortis Healthcare.
- Wockhardt Hospitals inked a memorandum of understanding with CGHS (Central Government Health Scheme), thereby giving access to thousands of Central Government employees to cardiology services at the two facilities at LB Nagar and King Koti.
- Commissioned Wockhardt Hospitals, Nashik.
- Super-specialty hospital in Mumbai became one of the first hospitals in South Asia to receive international accreditation from JCI.
- Commissioned Wockhardt Hospitals, Kalyan, Mumbai.
- Commissioned Sterling Wockhardt Hospitals, Vashi, Navi Mumbai.
- Commissioned Wockhardt Hospitals, Nagpur.
- Commissioned Wockhardt Hospitals, Nagarbhavi, Bangalore.
- Commissioned Adventist Wockhardt Heart Hospitals, Surat.
- Commissioned Wockhardt Hospitals, Chord road, Bangalore.
- Commissioned Wockhardt Heart Centre, Hyderabad.
- Commissioned Wockhardt Hospitals, Bannerghatta road, Bangalore.
- Commissioned N.M. Virani Wockhardt Hospitals, Rajkot.
- Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai has been accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI). This is only the second health care provider in India to earn this distinction.
- Commissioned Kamineni Wockhardt Hospitals, Hyderabad.
- Commissioned Wockhardt Heart Hospitals, Nagpur.
- Dr. Joseph Boyd Martin, Dean of Harvard Medical School, Harvard University, USA formally inaugurated 4 new speciality hospitals at Mulund complex - Brain & Spine Hospital, an Eye Hospital, Bone & Joint Hospital and, a Minimal Access Surgery Hospital.
- Commissioned Wockhardt Heart Hospitals, Mulund, Mumbai.
- The Wockhardt Heart Hospital performed India's first endoscopic heart surgery.
- Wockhardt Hospitals is associated with Partners Harvard Medical International, an international arm of Harvard Medical School, USA.
- Wockhardt Hospitals Ltd. the wholly owned subsidiary of pharmaceutical major Wockhardt Ltd. has collaborated with four international health insurance companies to offer medical cover to non-resident Indians (NRIs).
- Commissioned Wockhardt Hospitals and Kidney Institute, Kolkata.
- Commissioned Wockhardt Hospitals and Heart Institute, Bangalore.
- Commissioned Wockhardt Medical Center, Kolkata.
- Originally called “First Hospitals and Heart Institute” was established in Mumbai and were one of the early movers among corporate Healthcare chains in India.