Transplant Surgeon Chennai Fortis Hospital
- Pursued his MBBS - from JIPMER, Pondicherry in the year 1976.
- Completed MS-General Surgery from AIIMS, New Delhi, 1980.
- Completed M.Ch - Cardio Thoracic Surgery from KEM Hospital, University of Bombay, in the year 1982.
Experience: More than 30+ years of experience and has independently performed more than 16,000 heart operations.
Dr. K R Balakrishnan Best Heart Transplant Surgeon India is a reputed expert in the management of the end-stage heart failure and credited with India's First LVAD and HVAD pump implant as destination therapy. He is instrumental in starting India's First Comprehensive Centre for Heart Failure Management at Fortis Malar Hospital at Chennai. Dr. Balakrishnan is also actively engaged with various institutions to develop continuous flow LVADs (Left Ventricular Assist Device), Pulsatile and molecular biology of ventricular hypertrophy. Contact us to book an appointment with Dr. Balakrishnan Heart Transplant Surgeon in Fortis Malar Hospital.
Besides this, Dr. K R Balakrishnan Cardiologist has an extensive expertise in treating the complex Congenital Heart Disease like common AV Canal, repair of TAPVR, switches in infancy and in the use of homograft conduits arterial. He also performs other routine cardiac surgeries like Valvular Heart procedures, including aortic root replacement, repair & replacement and Ross procedure. Check out the profile of Dr. K R Balakrishnan Fortis Malar, Chennai on our website. Get in touch with us to book your appointment with Dr. Balakrishnan Cardiac Surgeon in India.
- Senior Registrar to Sir Brian Baratt-Boyes, Cardio Thoracic Unit, Green Lane Hospital in Auckland, New Zealand in 1987-1988.
- Fellow in Cardiac Surgery, Oregon Health Sciences at the Univeristy and St. Vincent Hospital, Portland, Oregon with Dr. Albert Starr in the year 1989-90.
- Specialist Cardiac Surgeon at Railway Hospital, Perambur, Madras from June 1990 to August 1994.
Awards and Recognitions
- Awarded a distinction in M.Ch which was first ever awarded by Bombay University in Cardio Thoracic Speciality.
- Hiralal gold medal in surgery, awarded by AIIMS, New Delhi, India in 1980.
- First Prize in surgery (1976), awarded by the Jawharlal Institude of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Pondicherry, India.
- Awarded the First at the University of Medicine by the University of Madras.
- First Rank and distinction in cardiothoracic board finals at the university of Bombay.
- Awarded as First at the University of Obstetrics and Gynaecology in the year 1976 by the University of Madras.
Cardiac Science; Dr. K. R. Balakrishnan; Fortis Malar; India
VideoHeart Transplant, Cardiac Surgery; Dr. K.R. Balakrishnan; Fortis Malar, Chennai, India
Call Dr. K R Balakrishnan at: +91-9370586696
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org