Dr. Devi Prasad Shetty
MBBS, MS, FRCS
Best Cardio Thoracic Surgeon in India
Top Cardio Thoracic Surgeon, Bangalore
Dr. Devi Prasad Shetty
E-mail & appointment
E-mail id of Dr. Devi Prasad Shetty, FRCS Best Cardio Thoracic Surgeon in India
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Paediatric Cardiac Surgery
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Paediatric Cardiac Surgeries
- MBBS from Kasturba Medical College in Mangalore
- MS (General Surgery) from Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore.
- Trained in Cardiac Surgery at West Midlands Cardio-Thoracic Rotation Program between Walsgrave Hospital, Coventry and East Birmingham Hospital, Birmingham followed by an appointment at the Cardio-Thoracic unit, Guys Hospital, London since the year 1983 to 1989.
Experience: 28 Year(s) of Experience
Dr. Devi Prasad Shetty is the Founder of Narayana Hrudayalaya
Private Limited and serves as the Chairman of the Board at Narayana Health. He served as Managing Director of Narayana Hrudayalaya Private Limited. Dr. Shetty also served as Senior Consultant of Narayana Hrudayalaya Private Limited
Chairman of Narayana Hrudayalaya Hospitals
Dr. Shetty of Narayana Hospital Bangalore serves as an Advisor of Embrace Innovations. Dr. Devi Prasad Shetty is an Indian philanthropist and Best cardiac surgeon in Narayana Hrudayalaya who has also served as a member of the Board of Governors of Medical Council of India for a year from May 2010 to May 2011, after the MCI was reconstituted.
Dr. Shetty Top Cardio Thoracic Surgeon Bangalore,
Founded a multi-specialty hospital Narayana Hrudayalaya, in Bommasandra, Bangalore City and later founded Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences (RTIICS) in Kolkata.
- He is the Best cardiac surgeon in world with more than 25 years of experience..
- He has performed over 15,000 heart operations among which 5000 were performed on kids.
Get in touch with our website to get contact number of Best cardiologist in narayana hrudayalaya Bangalore. Know more about the best thoracic surgeons in Bangalore and get the contact number and appointment at Narayana hrudayalaya bangalore on our website. Send us your query to get an appointment with Dr devi shetty Narayana Hrudayalaya.
- Member of the Board of Governors of the Medical Council of India
Dr. Shetty Best Cardio Thoracic Surgeon in India
- In 1990, he became the first surgeon in India to venture into Neonatal open heart surgery by performing the open-heart surgery on a 9-day-old baby.
- Dr. Shetty has performed Asia’s first dynamic cardiomyoplasty operation to strengthen the weak heart muscle using the chest wall muscle.
- He is one of the few surgeons in the world to use a microchip camera to perform a keyhole heart surgery.
- For the first time in India, he used a left ventricular assist device to temporarily support a failing heart.
- Dr. Shetty has one of the largest experiences in the world in performing the bypass-grafting operation on a beating heart.
- Dr. Shetty has won several awards for his contribution in both Medical Science and Public Welfare.
- Karnataka Ratna Award in the year 2001.
- Rajyotsava Award in the year 2002.
- Sir M. Visvesvaraya Memorial Award in for the year 2003.
- Ernst & Young-Entrepreneur of the Year in 2003.
- Dr. B.C. Roy Award for the year 2003.
- Padma Shri Award for Medicine in 2004.
- Schwab Foundation's award in 2005.
The Unstoppable Indians: Cardiac surgeon Dr Devi Prasad Shetty founded Narayana Hrudyalaya in Bangalore in 2001 with a simple aim - to take affordable cardiac care to the masses. He developed a hybrid strategy: those who could pay would pay so that poor patients could be subsidized. In this episode, Dr Shetty explains the principles on which he built his health care system and what keeps him going.