What is Coronary Heart Disease?
- Coronary artery disease is a disease of the artery caused by the accumulation of atheromatous plaques within the walls of the arteries that supply the myocardium.
- Angina pectoris (chest pain) and myocardial infarction (heart attack) are symptoms of and conditions caused by coronary heart disease.
- Over 451,000 Americans die of coronary heart disease every year. In the United Kingdom, 101,000 deaths annually are due to coronary heart disease.
What are the causes of Coronary Heart Disease?
- The accumulation of plague starts damaging the arteries and this buildup of plaque in the coronary arteries may begin from childhood.
- Over a period of time, the plaque can harden or rupture, thereby narrows the coronary arteries and reduces the flow of oxygen-rich blood to the heart.
- This may cause angina i.e., discomfort or pain in the chest. If the plaque ruptures, the blood cell fragments called as platelets stick to the site of injury and clump together forming blood clots.
- If these blood clots become large enough, it can completely block a coronary artery and cause a heart attack.
Who is at risk for CHD?
The major risk factors for CHD are :
- High blood cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Being obese or overweight
- Being physically inactive
- Family history of heart disease
- Age-the older you are, more likely to develop CHD
- Ethnic background
- Men are at higher risks for developing CHD at an earlier age than women
- The more risk factors you have, the more likely you will develop CHD.
- Although you can’t change all your risk factors, there is plenty you may do to reduce the risk and help to protect your heart.
Check out the Patient Testimonial, where the patient shares about their success stories from treatments through India Cardiac Surgery Consultants.
How to quickly plan your treatment in India?
- Send us an online enquiry and one of our patient executive will contact you back.
- You can also directly call us 24*7 on our International Helpline number: or message us on WhatsApp/Viber.
- You can share all the medical reports to us by sending an email on
What are the Signs and Symptoms of Coronary Heart Disease?
- The most common signs and symptoms of CHD is angina or chest pain.
- Another common symptom of coronary heart disease is the shortness of breath.
- The severity of both these symptoms varies according the plaque buildup that continues to narrow the coronary arteries. Some people with CHD have no signs or symptoms and this condition is called as silent CHD.
- The coronary heart disease may not be diagnosed in some people until they show the signs and symptoms of a heart attack, arrhythmia or a heart failure.
How is a CHD diagnosed?
Your doctor will diagnose a CHD based on your risk factors for CHD, medical and family history, a physical exam and the results from the tests and procedures. Since no single test can diagnose CHD, your doctor may recommend one of the following tests:
- EKG (Electrocardiogram)
- Stress Testing
- Blood Tests
- Coronary Angiography and Cardiac Catherization
- Chest X Ray
What are the Treatments for Coronary Heart Disease?
The treatments for coronary heart disease (CHD) include lifestyle changes, medicines and medical procedures. The treatment goals are :
- Relieve the symptoms of CHD
- Reduce the risk factors to slow, stop or reverse the accumulation of plaque
- Lower the risk of blood clot formation
- Widen or bypass the clogged arteries
- Prevent the complications of CHD
Which Procedures/Surgery would be advised for a patient to undergo a Coronary Heart Disease?
If you need a procedure or surgery to treat CHD, you should discuss with your doctor to know which treatment is right for you. The following procedures or surgery are needed to treat the coronary heart disease :
- Angioplasty or Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI)
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG)
- Heart Transplant
Why Choose India for Treating CHD?
- Choosing treatment for the coronary heart disease in India provides you with quality treatments with medical expertise, state of the art that are at par with the international standards and cost effective treatments and surgeries.
- India is renowned for its integrated world class healthcare system with the best medical practices that is backed up by the cutting edge technology and comprehensive services for the international patients seeking treatments and surgery in India.
- The cost effective treatments in India allow the patient to take a free holiday tour for rest and recuperation at one of the most diverse and beautiful countries on the earth.
Mr. Fred shares his father Mr. Ron’s experience of undergoing Coronary Heart Disease Treatment in India
Mr. Ron Armenta from Sweden
My father complained of pain in his heart and left arm one night. He thought that it might be constipation and tiredness but I wanted to be sure and searched for the symptoms online. Worrying that it might be a heart related problem, I asked him to consult the doctors at Indian cardiac surgery group the next morning and my fear turned out to be true. He was admitted immediately for a surgery as he was diagnosed with coronary heart disease. As it was heart surgery, I panicked because there were certain risks involved but the doctors and staff were there all the time, supporting me emotionally and guiding me with his condition. It’s been more than a year now and he has recovery amazingly.
How to get started?
If you are ready to proceed for discussion and planning for treatment in India, you can fill the contact form below and we will get in touch with you very soon. Please feel free to ask all your queries & concerns.
Coronary Heart Disease Surgical Treatment In India, Adult Heart Disease,Coronary Heart diseases, Coronary Heart Diseases in India, Coronary Heart Treatment in India, India Coronary Heart Diseases, Treatment of Coronary Heart, Coronary Heart Diseases Treatment in India, Affordable coronary Heart Disease Treatment, Low Cost Coronary Heart Disease Treatment in India, Coronary Heart Disease Treatment at Top Hospital in India, Coronary Heart Disease Surgical Treatment Experience in India