India Cardiac Surgery Site is associated with experienced cardiologists to deliver the perfect treatment and recuperative plan. Before the surgery, we will educate the patient with every fact involved in surgery and maintain the transparency in procedure, facilities and the related costs. We provide quality services and also assists with arrangements by keeping the concerns of the international patients in mind, providing you the utmost care and professionalism.
What is the Cost of Adult Heart Transplant Surgery with Top Hospitals and Top Surgeons in India?
- The cost of the Adult Heart Transplant Surgery in India is typically a fraction of the cost for the same procedure and care in the US and other developed countries.
- The cost can vary as per the diagnosis and conditions of the patients along with the facilities availed.
- And if you compare the same with developed nations, the cost for these treatments is often the double than what you find in India.
The list of various factors deciding the price of Adult Heart Transplant Surgery in India is as follows :
- Treatment Method
- Type of Surgery
- Other treatments required in conjunction with Heart Transplant Surgery
- Investigations & evaluation required
- Hospital fee
- Room Category
The LIST of AVERAGE COST of the Heart Transplant Surgery across TOP 12 cities in India are as follows :
|City||Lowest Cost||Average Cost||Highest Cost|
The variation in the above cost is dependent on the following :
- Type of the hospital (Government/Trust/Private).
- Use of insurance, type of insurance or self paid.
- Accreditation of the facility
- Expertise, seniority, reputation and brand value of the surgeon/doctor.
Heart Transplant Surgery in India- Overview
- Underlying liver, lung or kidney diseases
- Type -2 diabetes
- Life threatening diseases, other than heart disease, e.g. AIDS, end stage cancers
- Peripheral vascular diseases
- History of drug/substance abuse
- Age more than 60 years
- Psychological or mental disorder
Affordable Heart transplant surgery in India can be done by two procedures; Orthotropic procedure, in this the recipient’s heart is removed and replaced with the donor’s heart, and Hetrotopic procedure in which the donor’s heart is placed along with the recipient’s heart inside the chest cavity of the recipient.
Heart transplant surgery-Procedure
The pre-operative procedure for the heart transplant surgery includes:
- Evaluation of donor’s heart and approve it fit for transplantation in the recipient’s body.
- Extraction of donor’s heart; the donor’s heart is injected with KCL so that the heart rate drops. An extracted heart is kept under ice and is fit for transplantation up to 4-6 hrs of extraction.
- The recipient is screened with all the necessary diagnostic tests and is kept on immunosuppressive drugs to reduce the risk of rejection of the heart.
The heart transplant procedure requires about 4-6 hour and is done under general anesthesia. The surgeon makes an incision on the sternum and approaches the heart of the patient, during this procedure patient is kept on a heart lung bypass machine to maintain the circulation inside the body. The surgeon then, dissect the great vessels and left atrium to transact the patient’s heart. Now the donor’s heart is placed and the great vessels are sutured to it, once the heart is transplanted and is functional, the patient is weaned of the bypass machine and blood circulation is restored in the patient’s body.
Check out the Patient Testimonial, where the patient shares about their success stories from treatments through India Cardiac Surgery Consultants.
Heart transplant Success rate in India and Benefits
The survival rate after heart transplant surgery in India is 80% after two years of surgery and 70% after 5 years of surgery. If the risk of rejection is controlled and the patient doesn’t develop any complications associated with surgery then, the life expectancy can be up to 15 years after a heart transplant. Hence the heart transplant success rate in India is higher.
The first and foremost benefit of heart transplant surgery is that it is a life saving procedure, it adds years to the patient’s life. Secondly, it improves the quality of life of the patient’s who are suffering with end stage heart failure disease, patient become more independent and functional after the surgery.
Management care after heart transplant surgery
A comprehensive post operative care is necessary in patients with Heart transplant to reduce the chances of rejection and postoperative complications in patients. The hospital stay may last for 7-21 days post surgery. Rejection is the biggest risk associated with the heart transplant, hence the patient has to be timely screened and treated for it. Once the patient is discharged regular follow ups are required to identify the risk of rejection of the donor’s heart by the recipient’s body. The patient/ caregivers are instructed for surgical wound care and patient is prescribed immunosuppressant drugs and anti-rejection drugs to decrease the risk of rejection. The complete recovery takes place about 6 months following the heart transplant procedure, but patients have to undergo regular RV-biopsy and cardiac catheterization procedures each year to identify the incidence of rejection and coronary heart disease in patients. Regular physiotherapy, rehabilitation sessions and lifestyle modifications are necessary to improve functional independence of patients and to minimize the chances of developing heart disease.
Heart transplant surgery- Best place in India
We offer a high standard and affordable Heart transplant surgery cost in India. Apollo hospital Chennai, Billroth hospital Chennai, Fortis centre for heart failure and transplant Chennai, Narayan hrudualyaBangalore, Fortis health care limited Bangalore, Yashoda hospital Hyderabad are few of the best heart hospitals in India that provide facilities for heart transplant surgery in India. Other than these hospital there are over 50 hospitals across India which are registered to perform heart transplant surgery.The heart hospitals in India have the state of the art infrastructure, most modern amenities and latest technology.These hospitals have dedicated cardiac care team lead by the best cardiac surgeons of India, who are skilled to perform low cost heart transplant surgery in India .The average cost of heart transplant surgery in India is about low, and very less than the cost in western countries.
Get in touch with us to get the Heart transplant surgery india low cost in Chennai and Bangalore.
Planning your medical trip to India is a very simple process with India Cardiac surgery site
- You just need to fill in our enquiry form and one of our executives will contact you soon.
- +91-9370586696 Call us at the given contact number for any assistance.
- Complete information regarding surgery is provided on our website.
How many patients underwent Heart Transplant Surgery in India in the last 5 years?
In recent years, India has emerged as a medical hub for patients looking for affordable, accessible and efficient low cost Heart Transplant Surgery treatment. This emergence is primarily due to the development of state-of-the-art private and public sector healthcare facilities, medical insurance and the ease of access to quality healthcare services. An average increase of 15 to 20 percent annually has been observed in the number of patients in the last 5 years.
Here are the approximate figures of the patients underwent Mitral Valve Repair Treatment in the last 5 years in India :
The List of India’s Top Surgeons Performing Heart Transplant Surgery
- DR K R BALAKRISNAN
- DR Y K MISHRA
- DR RAMJI MEHROTRA
- DR ANVAY MULAY
- DR NARESH TREHAN
- DR BASHI V VELAYUDHAN
- DR Z S MEHARWAL
- DR RAJU VYAS
- DR MANOJ P NAIR
- DR BHABA NANDA DAS
- DR T. S. KLER
- DR PAWAN ZUTSHI
- DR RITESH SANGURI
- DR SATBIR SINGH
- DR SHILPI MOHAN
- DR RAJESH SHARMA
- DR ALI ZAMIR KHAN
- DR NANDKISHORE KAPADIA
- DR AMAR NATH GHOSH
- DR SARAJIT KUMAR DAS
- DR K M MANDANA
- DR MADAN KUMAR K
The List of Best Hospitals In India To Undergo Heart Transplant Surgery
- FORTIS ESCORTS HOSPITAL, NEW DELHI
- GLOBAL HOSPITAL,CHENNAI
- THE WOCKHARDT HEART INSTITUTE, MUMBAI
- FORTIS HOSPITAL, MUMBAI
- NARAYANA HOSPITAL,BANGALORE.
- MEDANTA HOSPITAL, NEW DELHI
- RUBY HALL, PUNE
- ASIAN HEART INSTITUTE,MUMBAI
- APOLLO HOSPITAL, CHENNAI
- FORTIS ESCORTS HOSPITAL, BANGALORE
- ARTEMIS HOSPITAL, GURGAON
- MAX SUPER SPCIALITY HOSPITAL, NEW DELHI
- FORTIS MEMORIAL RESEARCH INSTITUTE GURGAON.
- INDRAPRASTHA APOLLO HOSPITAL, NEW DELHI
- BLK SUPER SPECIALITY HOSPITAL, NEW DELHI
- SHARDA HOSPITAL,DELHI
- PARAS HOSPITAL, GURGAON
- NANAVATI HOSPITAL,MUMBAI
- MANIPAL HOSPITAL, BANGALORE
- CONTINENTAL INSTITUTE OF CARDIOVASCULAR SCIENCES, HYDERABAD
Affordable Heart Transplant Surgery in India, Cost of Heart Transplant Surgery in India, Heart Transplant Surgery Cost in India, Heart Transplant Surgery in India, Low Cost Heart Transplant Surgery in India, Best Heart Transplant Surgeons In India,Top Heart Transplant Surgeon In Chennai,Best Cardiac Hospitals For Heart Transplant In India,Cost For Heart Transplant In New Delhi,Top Surgeons Performing Heart Transplant Surgery,Best Hospitals In India To Undergo Heart Transplant Surgery,Heart Transplant Cost In Chennai, Best Hospital For Heart Transplant With High Success Rate In India