India Cardiac Surgery Site is associated with experienced cardiologists to deliver the perfect treatment and recuperative plan. Before the surgery, we will educate the patient with every fact involved in surgery and maintain the transparency in procedure, facilities and the related costs. We provide quality services and also assists with arrangements by keeping the concerns of the international patients in mind, providing you the utmost care and professionalism.
How to Get Started?
Planning your medical trip to India is a very simple process with India Cardiac surgery site
1. You just need to fill in our enquiry form and one of our executives will contact you soon.
2. +91-9370586696 Call us at the given contact number for any assistance.
3. Complete information regarding surgery is provided on our website.Click to Here Fill up our Enquiry Form
Bi-directional Glenn Operation (BDG) Overview
Bi-directional Glenn Operation in India is a surgery undertaken to prepare the heart for a Fontan procedure. A successful procedure, will to a large extend eradicate the signs and symptoms, but will not repair the heart itself. Other surgeries are necessary in the future to repair the heart itself.
Who is a candidate for Bi-directional Glenn Operation?
This procedure is favored in infants, who are below 2 years of age, for whom the lung resistance is pretty high. It is pretty common for children to undergo this surgery between the first three to six months of life and the results are on the positive side. It is also an excellent method of supporting the life.
How is BDG helpful?
Bi directional Glenn operation in India reviews of patients indicates that it tends to decrease the volume load on the single ventricle when one compares it to the post operative state. It also does not carry the risk of causing the lung blood vessel hardening and thickening.
Check out the Patient Testimonial, where the patient shares about their success stories from treatments through India Cardiac Surgery Consultants.
Hi, my name is Evelyn Adeyemi, Nigeria. We visited India for my daughter, Eby’s bi-directional glenn operation. Eby was diagnosed with a heart condition, the doctor at our local hospital recommended for a surgery. But this news made our family worry and so we started researching more information about it. While browsing we came across a leading healthcare consultant in India and send our query to them. We received a prompt response and impressed with the services, gave our consent to visit India for her surgery. At the hospital, the surgeon and his staff gave us a warm welcome, we were given excellent care. The surgeon explained me about the procedure, and this made me feel comfortable. Everything went smoothly. My daughter’s medical condition has improved. I would like to thank the surgeon, nurses and India Cardiac Surgery Consultants on behalf of my family for their amazing medical services and care, we received throughout our journey.
How is Bi-directional Glenn Operation performed?
Low cost Bi – directional Glenn Operation in India is an open heart procedure, using the heart-lung pass machine that connects the superior vena cava to the right pulmonary artery. As a result of this procedure, the blood is straight away carried to the lungs for oxygenation without going through the heart. A point to be noted is that it will not work when there is pulmonary hypertension. Free consultation Bi-directional Glenn Operation in India will educate on the positives along with the negatives of this surgery.
After the surgery, the breathing tube is removed. In fact the arterial line is removed within a few days, when most of the medicines have stopped. The chest tubes are usually removed 24 to 48 hours after the surgery, once the output of the fluid is normal. Whatever be the symptoms, it will gradually reduce with the influx of medicines.
Why choose an Indian Hospital for Bi-directional Glenn Operation?
Choosing India as the obvious destination for your medical needs is not a hard decision to make. Let us have a sneak peek of a few of them
- India has some of the skilled professionals in the medical domain. The medical team is trained to the highest level, and some of the specialists have been conducting research in this field and some of them even leading the field they specialize.
- Most of the hospitals in India have international certifications. Many have subjected their premises to accreditation along with classification and the onus is on the set of standards and requirements to improve the quality of health care. All the top notch hospitals have one philosophy in mind and that is to provide a safe environment for the patients and staff.
Cost of Bi-directional Glenn Operation in India
The cost of medical treatments in India is significantly lower when one compares it to the developed countries of the world. As a matter of fact Low cost Bi directional Glenn operation in India reveals that the cost of treatment is less expensive than elsewhere in the world. Almost each and every treatment is 50 % to 80 % cheaper when one compares it to Europe.
- What is Bi-directional Glenn Operation?
- This operation usually is performed about six months after the Norwood to divert half of the blood to the lungs when circulation through the lungs no longer needs as much pressure from the ventricle. The shunt to the pulmonary arteries is disconnected and the right pulmonary artery is connected directly to the superior vena cava, the vein that brings deoxygenated blood from the upper part of the body to the heart. This sends half of the deoxygenated blood directly to the lungs without going through the ventricle.
- Can I choose my own hotels according to my budget?
- You can most definitely choose hotels as per your convenience to you and your budget.
- Can I speak with the doctor before I come to India for treatment?
- You can talk to the doctor and satisfy all your medical queries. You can also send us your queries for answers from the top doctors.
- How will I get an Indian Medical Visa?
- To know about the procedure of getting an Indian Medical Visa, please go to our website where you will find all the details regarding the initial procedure. You can also send us a query regarding the same.
- I can only speak my native language?
- Yes. Many hospitals in India have language translators to help you communicate better and effortlessly with the doctors and medical staff.
- How do I make an appointment with the best cardiologist in India?
- All you have to do is send us your medical report and be rest assured. We will choose the best suitable surgeon for you, after consulting the experts.
- What mode of payment do you accept?
- We accept different methods of payment like, cash, plastic cash, via net banking, etc.
If you are really seeking Bi-directional Glenn Operation, kindly fill up the form for a free consultation with our expert cardiologists. You will be provided with thorough analysis and suggestions regarding the Bi-directional Glenn Operation you are seeking for.
Click to Here Fill up our Enquiry Form