India Cardiac Surgery Site is associated with experienced cardiologists to deliver the perfect treatment and recuperative plan. Before the surgery, we will educate the patient with every fact involved in surgery and maintain the transparency in procedure, facilities and the related costs. We provide quality services and also assists with arrangements by keeping the concerns of the international patients in mind, providing you the utmost care and professionalism.
How to Get Started?
Planning your medical trip to India is a very simple process with India Cardiac surgery site
1. You just need to fill in our enquiry form and one of our executives will contact you soon.
2. +91-9370586696 Call us at the given contact number for any assistance.
3. Complete information regarding surgery is provided on our website.Click to Here Fill up our Enquiry Form
Congenital Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) Overview:
Congenital Patent Ductus Arteriosus is a persistent opening of the heart between the two major blood vessels leading from the heart. A small hole can get repaired on one’s own, but Congenital Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) Surgery in India is the only solution in case of large defects.
Signs & Symptoms of Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA)
Congenital Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) Surgery in India reviews of patients indicates that the symptoms may vary with the size of the defect and whether the baby is premature. Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) Surgery in India reviews of patients with a large PDA, includes the following symptoms
- Rapid heart rate and easy tiring.
- Poor eating that leads to poor growth.
- Breathlessness of fast breathing.
Free Consultation Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) Surgery in India would not be a bad idea if the baby tires easily while playing or breathing, is not gaining weight and is always short of breath.
Check out the Patient Testimonial, where the patient shares about their success stories from treatments through India Cardiac Surgery Consultants.
Hello, my name is Wendy Okafor from Niergia. My son needed the PDA surgery and so we came to India with the assistance of India Cardiac Surgery Consultants. We got the appointment fixed at a reputed hospital in India after discussion with the surgeon. The executives helped us with arrangements of the medical visa. An official welcomed us at the airport and took us a five star facility from where we were taken to the hospital. The staff welcomed us. The surgeon was a knowledgeable person and he made me feel relaxed by explaining about the surgery well before its commencement. The nurses were compassionate and very caring. I am thankful to the hospital, surgeons and nurses for their immense care and excellent job. The surgery went well. I am grateful to your consultants for your assistance throughout this difficult time. I would recommend you to anyone looking for PDA surgery to get it arranged in India.
Diagnosis of Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA)
During Free Consultation Congenital Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) Surgery in India the doctor may suspect it on the basis of the heartbeat of the child. If the doctor suspects any defect in the heart, then he or she may ask you to undertake the following tests
- X rays of the chest
- Cardiac catheterization
Treatment of Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA)
The treatment for Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) Surgery in India depends upon the age in which the person is treated. The options may include careful monitoring of the baby and quiet often the PDA closes on its own. Secondly, any form of medications could be prescribed and if they are not effective and the heart is causing a host of complications, then open heart surgery may be recommended.
Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA): Ever a good thing?
There is no way to cure PDA, but all efforts can be extended to have a healthy pregnancy. Here are some steps which you can undertake in this regard
- Seek parental care, even before you get pregnant
- Exercise regularly and have a healthy diet
Adult and Adolescent Management
If you or your child has Affordable Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) Surgery in India, then here are some issues which you need to consider that are
- Preventing any form of infection
- Playing and exercising on a regular basis
Why choose an Indian Hospital for Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) Surgery?
Affordable Congenital Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) Surgery in India is provided by most of the top notch hospitals in the country. Since Low cost Congenital Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) Surgery in India is a critical form of surgery, the role of the surgeon is of importance for the successful outcome of the surgery. Most of the Indian hospitals have top quality surgeons and they have a proven track record to highlight their claim.
Cost for Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) Surgery in India
Low cost Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) Surgery in India ensures that considerable savings in made on the cost part when you get the surgery done in India. In addition to this most of the hospitals in the country have zero waiting lists which mean that the surgery is done in the shortest possible time frame.
- What is Patent Ductus Arteriosus?
- Patent means “open”. The ductus arteriosus is the name of a blood vessel connecting the main blood vessel leading to the lungs (pulmonary artery) to the main blood vessel of the body (aorta). Thus, patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) means an open blood vessel called ductus arteriosus.
- How Does PDA Affect A Baby?
- When a baby is in the womb, the lungs are not utilized for breathing. Instead, the baby’s oxygen needs are provided by the mother and the placenta. Therefore, very little blood needs to go to the lungs. It is through the ductus arteriosus that blood bypasses the lungs and goes to the rest of the body. After birth, the baby must use his/her lungs to take in oxygen and get rid of carbon dioxide. Thus, the blood needs to reach the lungs to enable the lungs to do this function. Normally, the ductus arteriosus closes within the first few hours to days after birth, so that all the blood can reach the lungs. However, in preterm infants, and especially those who have respiratory problems, the ductus arteriosus may stay open longer.
- When is a PDA suspected?
- A murmur is heard (A murmur is an abnormal sound heard when listening to the heart with a stethoscope).
- The baby needs more oxygen and/or increased help from the breathing machine (ventilator).
- The baby’s breathing is more difficult or there are an increased number of drops in heart rate and pauses in breathing.
- The baby’s blood pressure changes.
- What treatments are available for PDA?
- Since PDA is such a common occurrence in very preterm infants, sometimes treatment can be given prior to the actual occurrence of the condition. However, your baby may still go on to develop a PDA. If the PDA is very small, and there is only a small amount of blood flowing through it, your baby may need no treatment at all. But if treatment is required, a medication can be given. Some babies may need more doses of the drug to try to close the PDA. Often, your baby’s feeding will be stopped or reduced temporarily to avoid digestion problems. Feeds can be resumed once your baby is no longer receiving this drug. The drug can also cause some babies to produce less urine. This is a temporary problem that will resolve itself once the medication is no longer given. If the medication is not successful in closing the ductus or if for other reasons, your baby cannot have this medication, then the other treatment of choice is to have it surgically tied off (ligation). This is a surgical procedure, done under general anesthesia. Your baby will be transferred there, and once the procedure is over, will be brought back to St. Michael’s Hospital. Should surgery be required for your baby, further information regarding the procedure itself will be given to you. A PDA is not considered a heart malformation. Once the PDA closes, either with medical treatment or surgical ligation, it will not come back later in life.
- Can I choose my own hotels according to my budget?
- You can most definitely choose hotels as per your convenience to you and your budget.
- Can I speak with the doctor before I come to India for treatment?
- You can talk to the doctor and satisfy all your medical queries. You can also send us your queries for answers from the top doctors.
- How will I get an Indian Medical Visa?
- To know about the procedure of getting an Indian Medical Visa, please go to our website where you will find all the details regarding the initial procedure. You can also send us a query regarding the same.
- I can only speak my native language?
- Yes. Many hospitals in India have language translators to help you communicate better and effortlessly with the doctors and medical staff.
- How do I make an appointment with the best cardiologist in India?
- All you have to do is send us your medical report and be rest assured. We will choose the best suitable surgeon for you, after consulting the experts.
With an open ductus arteriosus, extra blood, in addition to the normal, flows to the lungs every time the heart beats. This causes too much blood to flow into the baby’s lungs. In turn, fluid can leak out of the blood into the lung tissue and can interfere with the proper functioning of the lungs, making it harder for the baby to breathe. It can also increase the work of the heart and put the baby at risk of heart failure.
To confirm the suspicion, the baby may have chest x-ray, ECG (test recording the electrical currents with each heart beat) and an echocardiogram. An echocardiogram uses sound waves to give a picture of your baby’s heart and determine the amount of blood flow through the PDA. It is similar to the ultrasound that mothers have when they are pregnant.
If you are really seeking Congenital Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) Surgery, kindly fill up the form for a free consultation with our expert cardiologists. You will be provided with thorough analysis and suggestions regarding the Congenital Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) Surgery you are seeking for.
Click to Here Fill up our Enquiry Form