India Cardiac Surgery Site is associated with experienced cardiologists to deliver the perfect treatment and recuperative plan. Before the surgery, we will educate the patient with every fact involved in surgery and maintain the transparency in procedure, facilities and the related costs. We provide quality services and also assists with arrangements by keeping the concerns of the international patients in mind, providing you the utmost care and professionalism.
How to Get Started?
Planning your medical trip to India is a very simple process with India Cardiac surgery site
1. You just need to fill in our enquiry form and one of our executives will contact you soon.
2. 91-9370586696 Call us at the given contact number for any assistance.
3. Complete information regarding surgery is provided in our website.
Inflammatory Heart Disease: Overview
Inflammatory heart disease involves inflammation of the heart muscle and/or the tissue surrounding it.
- Endocarditis – inflammation of the inner layer of the heart, the endocardium. The most common structures involved are the heart valves.
- Inflammatory cardiomegaly
- Myocarditis – inflammation of the myocardium, the muscular part of the heart.
Types of Inflammatory Heart Disease:
- Myocarditis: It describes any inflammation that occurs within the heart muscles.Causes: It is induced by various infections, including the viruses like sarciodosis and distinct immune diseases.
Symptoms: Pain in the chest is the most likely sign of myocarditis. In severe cases, the disease may progress into degeneration of the heart muscles and likely trigger the heart failure with related symptoms like swelling of feet and ankles, shortness of breath or difficulty in breathing, fatigue, etc.
Diagnosis: Electrocardiogram or ECG will be used to detect the deviations within the heartbeat. Blood tests will be performed to search for any likely infections and also the possible rise in the level of the heart muscle enzymes. Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) tests will be applied to reveal the heart muscle peculiarities.
Prognosis: There is much uncertainty about the probability of recovery in the early phases of the disease. A fair number of patients achieve total recovery while some may eventually be inflicted with the chronic heart failure due to damage to the heart muscles. Occasionally, a person who is struck with fluminant heart failure will require a heart transplant. If the degeneration of the muscle is enormous, then a defibrillator is implanted to better the heart’s ability to function properly.
- Pericarditis: It is a disease that causes inflammation of the pericardium, which is the fluid sac that envelops the heart. This provides lubrication to the heart and decreases the friction during activity and also firmly secures the heart to the surrounding walls within the cavity.
Check out the Patient Testimonial, where the patient shares about their success stories from treatments through India Cardiac Surgery Consultants.
Causes: The causes may possibly be unexplained. However, there are some factors that induce the disease, include the following:
- Infection with a virus or bacteria
- Some tumours and cancers
- Prior impairment to the heart, for example, trauma, heart attack and heart surgery
- Specific metabolic disorders like the hypothyroidism and uremia (kidney failure)
- An unexpected reaction to a particular type of medication
- An underlying connective tissue disease like sarcoidosis and rheumatoid arthritis
Symptoms: The most defining symptoms will be chest pain that is generally expressed as a cutting, intense pain that migrates from the chest area to the shoulder blades, neck and back. The chest pain will become significantly worse when inhaling deeply. The pain is unbearable when lying flat and will be bettered by leaning forward. If the inflammation is prompted by an infection, then a slight fever may be observed. If the inflammation occurs considerably closer to the oesophagus, then you may experience pain from swallowing.
- Why does inflammation hurt?
- Inflammation or pain is not always bad. It tells us to pamper a wounded area that is trying to heal. The pain of inflammation is caused by tissue swelling that presses on nerves, as well as by chemical substances that convert a molecular signal into an electrical impulse that spells pain for the body.
- Will I get the Indian Medical Visa?
- The symptoms of the inflammatory heart disease include chest pain, angina, pain in heart muscle, and shortness of breath, edema, swelling of feet or ankles, and fatigue.
- Can I speak to the doctor before I come to India for my medical treatment?
- Yes. You can talk to the doctor and satisfy all your medical queries. You can also send us your queries for answers from the top doctors.
- I can speak only my native language?
- You need not have to worry, many hospitals in India have language translators to help you communicate better and effortlessly with the doctors and medical staff.
Diagnosis: The doctor will start diagnosing with an assessment of the pain symptoms by distinguishing it from the pain related to another condition. A pericardial friction rub will be detected using a stethoscope; this will be an obvious sign of inflammation. However, this will not always be able to determine the presence of inflammation because the rub may be inconstant. To confirm the presence of the disease, chest X-ray, ECG or electrocardiogram and ultrasound of the heart will be utilized. A blood test may be undertaken to detect any other underlying conditions that have triggered the development of pericarditis.
Treatments: The primary treatment involves the administration of the anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen, to reduce the inflammation. Your doctor may prescribe a narcotic pain medication. Pericardiocentesis will remove the excessive fluid from the sac or detect the origin of the pathogen that induced this condition. Therefore, it may be applicable as a form of the progressive treatment.
Endocarditis: It is induced by an infection of the endocardium or the inner lining of the heart resulting in pronounced inflammation. It will present itself when the pathogens from other regions of the body infect the bloodstream and affix to defective regions of the heart. If it is not treated speedily, then it may cause partial or complete damage to the heart valve or may develop into a life-threatening condition.
Who are at risk to endocarditis?
- Usually, it affects the individuals who have an artificial heart valve in place or those who have suffered a degeneration of a heart valve.
- Individuals having a pre-existing heart defect also are at higher risks of developing this condition.
- Any previous injury to the heart will increase the overall susceptibility
- Intravenous drug users are at greater risk of developing this condition due to needle sharing.
- Often, it does not affect healthy people.
Symptoms: It may develop over a fairly long period of time or may manifest suddenly. Its progression will depend on the corresponding heart defect or infection:
- Heart murmurs (irregular sounds arising from the heart)
- Fever and chills
- Shortness of breath
- Unexplained and sudden weight loss
- Joint and muscular pain
- Visible purple or red spots in the mouth on the skin or on the whites of the eyes
- Constant coughing
- Odema or swelling of the feet and abdomen
- Blood in the urine
- Night sweats
- Fatigue and unusual tiredness
- Areas of red tender spots just below the skin on the fingers
- A pale complexion
Although these symptoms seem similar to other non-threatening condition, it is necessary to consult your physician when a few of these symptoms are observed, especially in case if it is affected by another heart defect.
Diagnosis: Your doctor will ask you to undergo blood tests, an echocardiogram, MRI or CT scans and/or an ECG or electrocardiogram and x-ray to confirm diagnosis.
Treatments: The main treatments include antibiotics in less intense cases. Your doctor may suggest surgery if the damage is significantly compromising.
Why Choose India for Treating the Inflammatory Heart Disease?
India has achieved a standing in world’s best medical tourism destination by offering complete medical facility specialized in many disciplines including cardiology at affordable prices. Some of the best hospitals for especially for heart disease treatments are in India. Most of the cardiologist and surgeons are internationally trained have huge experience in handling the cardiac cases. The rapidly evolving technology, international quality standards and protocols for medical and surgical care meets the international standards. The state of the art hospitals and equipments makes India a better option for treating the inflammatory heart disease.
If you are really seeking treatments for the Inflammatory Heart Disease in India, kindly fill up the form for a free consultation with our expert cardiologists. You will be provided with thorough analysis and suggestions regarding the Inflammatory Heart Disease treatments you are seeking for.
Click to Here Fill up our Enquiry Form