What is the Cost of ICD Implantation Surgery with Top Hospitals and Top Surgeons in India?
- The cost of ICD Implantation Surgery in India is typically a fraction of the cost for the same procedure and care in the US and other developed countries.
- The cost can vary as per the diagnosis and conditions of the patients along with the facilities availed.
- And if you compare the same with developed nations, the cost for these treatments is often the double than what you find in India.
Various deciding factors could determine the price of ICD Implantation Surgery in India. These can be broadly classified as Hospital, Medical Team or Patient Dependent factors.
- Type of the hospital (Government/Trust/Private).
- Use of insurance, type of insurance or self paid.
- Accreditation of the facility
- Reputation and brand value of the hospital.
Medical Team Factors
- Technology / Approach Used
- Surgery Type
- Type of Anesthesia or Sedation
- Qualification / Expertise of the specialist
- Extent of the surgery needed
- Patient’s diagnosis
- Patient’s general health
- Room Category selected by the patient
- Other treatment required by the patient in conjunction
Are you looking for affordable cost of ICD Implantation Surgery in Top Hospitals of India?
Please enquire with us, Get a “No Obligation Quote”
Check out the Patient Testimonial, where the patient shares about their success stories from treatments through India Cardiac Surgery Consultants.
What is an ICD Device?
- The implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) is a device used to treat dangerously fast heart rates that occur in the lower chambers of the heart.
- An ICD system resembles a pacemaker. The device is implanted under the skin and attached to one or more leads, which are placed in or on the heart muscle.
- The ICD detects arrhythmias and delivers electrical therapy as necessary. When not needed, the ICD only monitors the heart without releasing any electrical energy.
How does an ICD Device work?
- An ICD detects both Bradyarrhythmia (slow heart rates) and tachyarrhythmia (fast heart rates), and supplies electrical therapy to treat these rhythm disorders and restore the normal rate of the heart.
Which patients are suggested ICD Implantation?
- ICD implant procedure is often prescribed for patients who have experienced at least one episode of ventricular tachycardia or ventricular fibrillation.
- If they have experienced a previous heart attack, or drug therapy that failed in controlling the tachyarrhythmia or caused severe side effects.
What are the other functions that an ICD performs?
- If you have an unusually fast heart rate, the ICD delivers painless, low-energy impulses that pace or stimulate the heart to beat normally. This can prevent the need for cardioversion or defibrillation.
- Most modern ICDs can also function as a pacemaker, delivering low-energy impulses that stimulate the heart to beat normally.
- The ICD records information about variations in your heart’s electrical activity and rhythm. This information helps your doctor evaluate your heart rhythm problem and, if necessary, reprogram your ICD.
Which tests would be required to determine whether you need an ICD?
- Electrocardiography (ECG).
- Holter monitoring.
- Event recorder.
- Electrophysiology study (EPS )
Are you looking for any assistance to plan your ICD Implantation surgery in India?
Get in touch with us to get a free consultation and guidance towards your treatment planning by contacting us online.
What to Expect Before ICD Implantation Surgery?
- You will not be able to eat or drink for a short time before the operation, since anesthesia will be administered to you.
- ICDs are implanted just under the skin in the upper chest after the part is shaved (if needed), scrubbed, and painted with a disinfectant to cleanse it.
What to expect during ICD Implantation?
- The ICD implant surgery is generally performed in an operating room or electrophysiology laboratory.
- The patient will be strapped in place for safety with arms secured at the sides. The chest is then cleaned and drapes are placed over the implant area.
- You will be administered one or more shots of numbing medicine in the chest area. The doctor may touch the area and ask if you are feeling any sensation.
- During surgery, one or more flexible, insulated wires (leads) are inserted into veins near your collarbone and guided, with the help of X-ray images, to your heart.
- The ends of the leads are secured to your heart, while the other ends are attached to the generator, which is usually implanted under the skin beneath your collarbone.
- Once the ICD is in place, your doctor will test it and program it for your heart rhythm problem. Testing the ICD might require speeding up your heart and then shocking it back into normal rhythm.
- The type of implant surgery depends on the factors, including prior surgeries and type of device. Get in touch with us to know more about the Low Cost ICD Implantation Surgery in India.
What to expect after ICD Implantation?
- After the procedure the patient may feel drowsy and experience some tenderness and soreness at the implant site.
- He/she is kept in the intensive-care unit or telemetry unit for a few days to monitor the heart rhythm.
- A day after the surgery, the patient may probably walk around. Before you leave the hospital, the physician may again test the implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) system. The device may also be programmed to meet your specific needs.
- This is done with a programmer and a programming wand, by holding it over the implanted ICD, the ICD can be adjusted after it’s in your body. It is also used during patient follow-up visits.
What post-operative care is required after undergoing ICD implantation procedure?
- Recovery : When you return home, give your body and mind as much rest as you can. Do not move with jerks with your arms, or stretching too hard or reaching over your head. Physical activity may be resumed once the incision has healed
- Follow-Up :The ICD stores important information about how the heart is interacting with the implanted system, that only a physician can retrieve. The information helps the physician know about the working condition of the device.
- Resuming Physical Activity : After the implant, physical activity can be increased with time. Sexual activity should not prompt the ICD to deliver therapy but if it does, alert the physician, so he or she can consider reprogramming the device.
- Follow Your Physician’s Instructions : Remember to always to take your medications as directed and to follow your physician’s instructions about what to do if you receive a shock
How many patients underwent ICD Implantation Procedure in India in the last 5 years?
- In recent years, India has emerged as a medical hub for patients looking for affordable, accessible and efficient low cost ICD implantation treatment. This emergence is primarily due to the development of state-of-the-art private and public sector healthcare facilities, medical insurance and the ease of access to quality healthcare services. An average increase of 15 to 20 percent annually has been observed in the number of patients in the last 5 years.
Planning Affordable ICD Implantation Surgery in India is an easy process.
Our Hospitals Network and Surgery Group are available in 15 cities of India for our patients to access. Kindly fill up the form for a free opinion from our expert cardiology team. You will be provided with an analysis and recommendations for your surgery .NO CHARGES LEVIED.
Special ALL SERVICES INCLUSIVE Packages available for INTERNATIONAL PATIENTS
What are the services offered to our International patients?
- Planning your surgery : From getting your reports reviewed by Doctor to making arrangements for your accommodation once you arrive in India.
- On call consultation with your surgeon : Arranging for a tele-call with your suryou can have a detailed discussion over your treatment plan.
- Continuous Assistance and Support : Our Executive will continuously stay in touch with you and provide you with all the relevant information and process to be followed.
- Travel Documents/ Visa Process : Our Executive will provide you with all the information required for you to travel to India i.e Vaccinations, Visa documents etc.
- Recommendations of Hotels and Guest House : recommendation of hotels offering 2 star services to 5 star services for your stay in the city as per your budget and preference will be sent to you so that you can choose accordingly.
- Ground Transportation : Arranging for your Airport pick up and Drop.
- Regional Translators : Availabilty of regional translators 24*7 so that language should not be a barrier in your medical trip to India.
- Arranging for a local contact number.
- Follow Up : Our executive will constantly stay in touch with us even after you land in your country.
Why choosing India Cardiac Surgery Team for your ICD Implantation Surgery is the right decision to make?
- Your Medical Trip is planned by a well experienced and qualified team of Relationship Executives.
- Affordable surgery packages offered to you.
- Patient reports are viewed by Medical Experts who are highly reputed, Qualified and have an experience of 20 years and above to their credit.
- Your safety and care is the top most priority for us in planning your medical trip.
- Hospitals with the best amenities and expert medical care are recommended.
- Treatments are available for all age groups from and infant to a elderly person.
- Different types of treatment offered under 1 shelter, so that apart from your specific surgery you could also seek treatment for any other ailment as well .
- Discounted surgery packages and Health plans for you.
- Recommendations of surgeons who are USA and UK qualified with International exposure.
- Recommendations of only NABH accredited Hospitals with well equipped and Hi-tech technology labs and well qualified employees.
Mr. Peter Bernard from the USA shares his experience of getting her Wife’s (Mrs. Sophia Bernard) ICD Implantation done in India
Mr. & Mrs. Bernard from USA
My wife needed an ICD implanted in accordance to the most experienced doctor of US. He quoted us a minimum of $30,000 for the implantation. Sadly, we didn’t have any sort of medical insurance and was falling short of finances. I felt as if I’ll fail to save the life of my wife. Further I browsed over the web and came across this India Cardiac Surgery Group of doctors and hospitals in India. I connected with them over phone and email discussing the health condition of my wife. For about a month the process of discussion, queries and doubts went on and on and finally when I got satisfied I flew with my wife to India. With confidence I got my wife treated here through one of the top cardiac surgeons of India at a cost of around 4 lakh that is a fraction of the cost quoted in US.
Listen to the Voices of Our Happy Patients
Who Are The Top 20 Surgeons Performing ICD Implantation Surgery In India?
- DR K M MANDANA
- DR MADAN KUMAR K
- DR K R BALAKRISNAN
- DR BASHI V VELAYUDHAN
- DR Z S MEHARWAL
- DR RAJU VYAS
- DR MANOJ P NAIR
- DR Y K MISHRA
- DR BHABA NANDA DAS
- DR. T. S. KLER
- DR. PAWAN ZUTSHI
- DR. RITESH SANGURI
- DR. SATBIR SINGH
- DR. SHILPI MOHAN
- DR. NARESH TREHAN
- DR. RAJESH SHARMA
- DR. ALI ZAMIR KHAN
- DR NANDKISHORE KAPADIA
- DR AMAR NATH GHOSH
- DR SARAJIT KUMAR DAS
Which Are The Top 20 Hospitals Where ICD Implantation Surgery Is performed?
- THE WOCKHARDT HEART INSTITUTE, MUMBAI
- NARAYANA HOSPITAL,BANGALORE.
- CONTINENTAL INSTITUTE OF CARDIOVASCULAR SCIENCES, HYDERABAD
- RUBY HALL, PUNE
- FORTIS HOSPITAL, KOLKATA
- FORTIS ESCORTS HOSPITAL, NEW DELHI
- ASIAN HEART INSTITUTE,MUMBAI
- APOLLO HOSPITAL,CHENNAI
- FORTIS ESCORTS HOSPITAL, BANGALORE
- ARTEMIS HOSPITAL, GURGAON
- MEDANTA HOSPITAL, NEW DELHI
- MAX SUPER SPCIALITY HOSPITAL, NEW DELHI
- FORTIS MEMORIAL RESEARCH INSTITUTE GURGAON.
- INDRAPRASTHA APOLLO HOSPITAL, NEW DELHI
- BLK SUPER SPECIALITY HOSPITAL, NEW DELHI
- GLOBAL HOSPITAL,CHENNAI
- SHARDA HOSPITAL,DELHI
- PARAS HOSPITAL, GURGAON
- NANAVATI HOSPITAL,MUMBAI
- MANIPAL HOSPITAL,BANGALORE
Get a free consultation with our Surgeon for your ICD Implantation Surgery
Kindly fill up the form for a free consultation with our surgeons.
After thorough analysis of the reports and medical history, you will be provided with the advised clinical opinion and suggestions regarding your ICD Implantation Surgery from our experts.
Low Cost ICD Implantation Surgery in India, Cost ICD Implantation India, ICD Implantation procedure in India, Affordable ICD Implantation Surgery in India, Best Cardiologist surgeon from ICD Implant, Best Cardiac Team for ICD Device in India, Best Hospitals for ICD Implantation in India, ICD Implantation Surgery Experience in India