India Cardiac Surgery Site is associated with experienced cardiologists to deliver the perfect treatment and recuperative plan. Before the surgery, we will educate the patient with every fact involved in surgery and maintain the transparency in procedure, facilities and the related costs. We provide quality services and also assists with arrangements by keeping the concerns of the international patients in mind, providing you the utmost care and professionalism.
How to Get Started?
Planning your medical trip to India is a very simple process with India Cardiac surgery site
1. You just need to fill in our enquiry form and one of our executives will contact you soon.
2. +91-9370586696 Call us at the given contact number for any assistance.
3. Complete information regarding low cost off- pump heart surgery in India is provided in our website.
What is Off-Pump Heart Surgery?
The off-pump heart surgery, also known as “beating heart bypass surgery”, is like a traditional open-heart surgery where the chest bone is opened to access the heart. However, during this surgery your heart isn’t stopped and a heart-lung bypass machine isn’t used. Your surgeon will steady your heart with a mechanical device so that he or she can work on it. Your heart will continue to pump the blood to your body.
How do I know if I am a good candidate for Off-Pump Heart Surgery?
All patients requiring bypass grafts alone are considered as potential candidates for off-pump heart surgery. For some patients, the use of a heart-lung bypass machine can increase their risk of stroke or other complications. Hence, the off-pump techniques is often used for the patients having complications that put them at risk if they use the traditional heart-lung machine method for the bypass surgery.
You may be a good candidate for
affordable off pump heart surgery in India
- Have a single vessel disease.
- Have undergone a conventional bypass surgery and now have a recurring or new blockages in the grafts.
- Are a new candidate for angioplasty or if you have recurrent problems after a previously successful angioplasty.
- Have medical problems like decreased heart function or a history of stroke or pulmonary disease.
- Refuses blood products
- Requires a less invasive form of surgery.
Since each patient’s diagnosis is unique, your doctor will recommend the best approach for you.
Check out the Patient Testimonial, where the patient shares about their success stories from treatments through India Cardiac Surgery Consultants.
Off-Pump Heart Surgery Procedure & Recovery:
What to expect before procedure?
Your doctor will likely ask you to undergo the following tests:
- Physical exam
- Cardiac catherization
- Chest X-ray
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
Talk with your doctor about your medication, since you may be required to stop taking certain medications for one week before the surgery. Your doctor will ask you to stop blood-thinning drugs, diabetes medications and anti-platelet drugs. Your doctor will ask you to eat a light meal the night before surgery. You will be given general anesthesia that will keep you asleep during the procedure.
During the procedure:
During the off-pump beating heart surgery in India, a heart positioned and a tissue stabilizer is used which allows the surgeon to position the heart for accessing the blocked coronary artery and hold a portion of the heart still, such that the graft can be sewn in place. With the beating heart surgery, your heart should function normally during the surgery and therefore this surgery typically does not require the use of the heart-lung machine. Newer technologies allow the surgeons to stabilize a specific part of the heart, instead of the whole heart muscle. While the surgeon works on the controlled part of the heart the rest of the organ continues to function. All arteries can be bypassed with this method.
Immediately after the procedure, you will be monitored in the ICU (Intensive Care Unit), where you will have the following interventions:
- Pacing wires to control the heartbeat.
- Heart monitor.
- Breathing tube or an oxygen mask.
- Tubes connected to a machine to drain the fluids from the wound.
- A catheter inserted into the bladder.
Patients are often awake much earlier after the surgery and experience quicker recoveries than patients who have been placed on a heart-lung machine. The recovery time for patients who underwent the off-pump heart surgery is about three to four days. Hospitalization is shorter as compared to the traditional operations using the cardiopulmonary bypass. Also, the risk of stroke and the need for the blood transfusions is substantially reduced with the off-pump or beating heart surgery.
At the hospital:
- You will be instructed to breathe deeply and cough 10 to 20 times every hour, to reduce the risk of fluid buildup in your lungs.
- If a leg vein was removed, elevate your legs above your heart while sitting.
- Dressings will be removed in a day or two.
- Pacing wires and the chest tubes will be removed within the first few days.
- Efforts will be made to get you out of the bed and walking as soon as possible.
Take the medicines as directed by your doctor. Follow the doctor’s guidelines for caring for the stitches. Weigh yourself every morning. Be sure to follow all the instructions given by your doctor.
Benefits of Off-Pump Heart Surgery:
The potential benefits of the off-pump heart surgery are:
- No complications related to using a heart-lung bypass machine
- Faster recovery from the surgery
- Reduced mortality rates compared to the on-pump heart surgery
- Shorter hospital stay post surgery
- Fewer heart rhythm problems
Is Off-Pump Heart Surgery Effective?
Off-pump heart surgery or the beating heart bypass surgery is a safe and effective option to the conventional bypass surgery. Performing surgery on a beating heart eliminates the need for a heart-lung bypass machine which result in fewer side effects.
- Is there a difference between the beating heart (off-pump) surgery and CABG surgery?
- Yes, the main difference between a beating heart surgery (off-pump surgery) and a conventional CABG surgery is the heart lung machine. During CABG surgery, your heart is stopped and its functioning is taken over by a heart-lung machine is used while the off-pump surgery is performed while the heart is still beating, without using a heart-lung machine.
- Is a heart-lung bypass machine used during off-pump heart surgery?
- Off-pump heart surgery is usually performed without using a heart-lung bypass machine. However, the machine is typically set up nearby as a precaution in case the surgeon requires to convert to an on-pump procedure for completing the surgery.
- What are the advantages of off-pump heart surgery in India?
- Off pump heart surgery avoids the use of a Heart Lung machine, thereby eliminates the risks and complications associated with the heart-lung machine. The complications of the heart-lung machine includes stroke, seizures, multiple organ dysfunction, and compromised immunity.
- How do I make an appointment with the best cardiologist in India?
- All you have to do is send us your medical report and be rest assured. We will choose the best suitable surgeon for you, after consulting the experts.
- How long will the surgery take?
- The surgery will take somewhere between 3 to 6 hours.
- How much will it hurt?
- General anesthesia will prevent pain during surgery. You will be given medications for any pain experienced during recovery. The pain level may vary from person to person.
- How long will I have to stay in the hospital?
- The average stay is about 3 to 6 days.
Why Choosing Affordable Off-Pump Heart Surgery is necessary?
Choosing off-pump heart surgery is necessary to improve or get complete relief from the symptoms for several years. Patients undergoing off-pump heart surgery may recover more quickly than those who go “on-pump”. Also the patients undergoing beating heart surgery will have fewer post-operative complications.
Why Choose an Indian Hospital for your Off-Pump Heart Surgery?
Indian hospitals are now at the same technological level as the hospital in America and Europe. Indian hospitals have an experienced medical staff, ensuring advanced clinical care to the international patients looking for the off-pump heart surgery. The facilities provided by the top Indian Cardiac hospitals include:
- Availability of the non-invasive investigations like the Doppler, ECG, Stress echo, echocardiography and Holter test.
- Fully equipped ICU and recovery rooms
- State of the art equipments
- Modern infrastructure
- Support of the latest technology
Off Pump open Heart Surgery Cost in India:
The off pump heart surgery cost in India is amongst the lowest in the world. The cost of beating heart surgery in India is only 20% of the cost for the same in the US. India offers low cost medical treatment and surgery without compromising the quality or success rate.
If you are really seeking Low Cost off Pump Heart Surgery in India, kindly fill up the form for a free consultation with our expert cardiologists. You will be provided with thorough analysis and suggestions regarding the Off Pump Open Heart Surgery in India you are seeking.
Click to Here Fill up our Enquiry Form