India Cardiac Surgery Site is associated with experienced cardiologists to deliver the perfect treatment and recuperative plan. Before the surgery, we will educate the patient with every fact involved in surgery and maintain the transparency in procedure, facilities and the related costs. We provide quality services and also assists with arrangements by keeping the concerns of the international patients in mind, providing you the utmost care and professionalism.
How to Get Started?
Planning your medical trip to India is a very simple process with India Cardiac surgery site
1. You just need to fill in our enquiry form and one of our executives will contact you soon.
2. 91-9370586696 Call us at the given contact number for any assistance.
3. Complete information regarding surgery is provided in our website.
What is an Open Heart Surgery?
This is a surgery in which the patient’s chest is opened and surgery is performed on the heart. The term “open” refers to the chest, not to the heart itself. The heart may or may not be opened depending on the particular type of surgery. Surgeons realized the limitations of hypothermia – complex intracardiac repairs take more time and the patient needs blood flow to the body (and particularly the brain); the patient needs the function of the heart and lungs provided by an artificial method, hence the term cardiopulmonary bypass. Dr. John Heysham Gibbon at Jefferson Medical School in Philadelphia reported in 1953 the first successful use of extracorporeal circulation by means of an oxygenator, but he abandoned the method, disappointed by subsequent failures. In 1954 Dr. Lillehei realized a successful series of operations with the controlled cross-circulation technique in which the patient’s mother or father was used as a ‘heart-lung machine’. Dr. John W. Kirklin at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota started using a Gibbon type pump-oxygenator in a series of successful operations, and was soon followed by surgeons in various parts of the world.
Why is Open Heart Surgery Needed?
Open heart surgery is needed to perform a CABG (Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery) for the patients suffering from coronary heart disease (CHD). The CHD usually occurs when the blood vessels that provide blood and oxygen to the heart becomes narrow and hard. This condition is called as hardening of the arteries. When the blood can’t flow properly to the heart, then a heart attack may occur.
The heart surgery is performed to:
- Repair or replace the heart valves that allow blood to travel through the heart
- Replace a damaged or diseased heart with a donated heart, also called as heart transplantation
- Repair the damaged or abnormal areas of the heart
- Install the medical devices that help the heart to beat properly
Who is A Candidate for Open Heart Surgery?
A patient under 70 years of age and fair to good physical condition is a candidate for the
affordable open heart surgery in India
. A patient who is less than 30 pounds and willing to make the lifestyle changes required to live for the long term. A patient having a caregiver who takes the disease seriously.
How it is performed?
According to the National Institutes of Health, a CABG takes about four to six hours and it is generally performed following the basic steps. The patient is given the general anesthesia to ensure that you’ll be asleep and experience no pain through the whole surgery. The surgeon will make an 8-10 inch cut in the chest through all or part of the patient’s breastbone to expose the heart. Once the heart is visible, then the patient is connected to a heart-lung bypass machine that moves the blood away from the heart so that the surgeon can operate. He will use a healthy vein or artery to make a new path around the blocked artery. Then he will close the breastbone with wire, leaving it inside the body. The original cut is then stitched up.
- How do I make an appointment with the best cardiologist in India?
- All you have to do is send us your medical report and be rest assured. We will choose the best suitable surgeon for you, after consulting the experts.
- How long will the open heart surgery generally take?
- Depending on the surgery, the average heart surgery takes three to four hours in the operating room.
- What to expect when I am awake after the open heart surgery?
- When you awake from the anesthesia following your surgery, you will notice quite a few tubes in place. First, you’ll notice the breathing tube that is preventing you from speaking. You may have a sore throat for a little while. Any tubes in your mouth or nose to keep your stomach empty will be removed at the same time as the breathing tube.
- How long do I have to stay in the hospital after the open heart surgery?
- The length of the stay in hospital varies, but generally you will be required to stay four to six days in the hospital.
- Can I Use stairs when I go home?
- Yes, but usually only two to three times daily. You will probably be tired and weak during the first few weeks after surgery. Follow your doctor’s instructions provided at the time of discharge.
What are the Preparations before open heart surgery?
Ask your healthcare provider about the drugs you are taking, including the vitamins and over the counter medications. Your doctor will ask you to quit smoking two weeks before the surgery. You will be asked to stop taking the blood thinning medications like ibuprofen, aspirin or naproxen. The day before, you will be asked to wash yourself with a special soap to kill the bacteria on your skin. This will lessen the chance of an infection post surgery. You will not be allowed to eat or drink anything after midnight before the day of surgery. The doctor will provide you other detailed instructions when you arrive at the hospital for the surgery.
What to expect after open heart surgery in India?
When you wake up after surgery, you will have two-three tubes in your chest to help drain the fluid from the area around the heart. You may have intravenous tubes that supply you with fluids. You will have a catheter (thin tube) in your bladder to remove the urine. You will be attached to the machines for monitoring your heart. The nurses will be nearby you to fulfill your needs. You will usually spend your first night in the ICU and then moved to a regular care room for the next three to seven days.
Why Prefer India for the Open heart surgery?
Affordable Open heart surgery in India
is performed through cutting edge clinical solutions, extraordinary patient care and infrastructure of world class standards.
India Cardiac Surgery site Network
helps with the arrangements of the medical visa, appointments with the leading cardiologists in India, food and accomodation for the international patients seeking
low cost open heart surgery in India
. We offer a one stop solution for all the patients seeking the open heart surgery in India at low costs. Our association with the best open heart surgery hospitals in India offers high quality and excellent services and care. Contact us to know the open heart surgery cost Narayana Hrudayala, Apollo Chennai and Medanta. Also check out the open heart surgery cost in Mumbai and Chennai on our website.
Cost of Open Heart Surgery in India:
You’ll find the open heart surgery cost in India is about comparatively lesser around the world.
If you are really seeking Affordable Open Heart Surgery in India, kindly fill up the form for a free consultation with our expert cardiologists. You will be provided with thorough analysis and suggestions regarding Low Cost Open Heart Surgery in India you are seeking.
Click to Here Fill up our Enquiry Form