India Cardiac Surgery Site is associated with experienced cardiologists to deliver the perfect treatment and recuperative plan. Before the surgery, we will educate the patient with every fact involved in surgery and maintain the transparency in procedure, facilities and the related costs. We provide quality services and also assists with arrangements by keeping the concerns of the international patients in mind, providing you the utmost care and professionalism.
How to Get Started?
Planning your medical trip to India is a very simple process with India Cardiac surgery site
1. You just need to fill in our enquiry form and one of our executives will contact you soon.
2. +91-9370586696 Call us at the given contact number for any assistance.
3. Complete information regarding surgery is provided in our website.
Coronary Heart Disease: Overview
Coronary artery disease is a disease of the artery caused by the accumulation of atheromatous plaques within the walls of the arteries that supply the myocardium. Angina pectoris (chest pain) and myocardial infarction (heart attack) are symptoms of and conditions caused by coronary heart disease.
Over 451,000 Americans die of coronary heart disease every year. In the United Kingdom, 101,000 deaths annually are due to coronary heart disease.
Causes of Coronary Heart Disease:
The accumulation of plague starts damaging the arteries and this buildup of plaque in the coronary arteries may begin from childhood. Over a period of time, the plaque can harden or rupture, thereby narrows the coronary arteries and reduces the flow of oxygen-rich blood to the heart. This may cause angina i.e., discomfort or pain in the chest. If the plaque ruptures, the blood cell fragments called as platelets stick to the site of injury and clump together forming blood clots. If these blood clots become large enough, it can completely block a coronary artery and cause a heart attack.
Who is at risk for CHD?
The major risk factors for CHD are:
- High blood cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Being obese or overweight
- Being physically inactive
- Family history of heart disease
- Age-the older you are, more likely to develop CHD
- Ethnic background
- Sex-Men are at higher risks for developing CHD at an earlier age than women
The more risk factors you have, the more likely you will develop CHD. Although you can’t change all your risk factors, there is plenty you may do to reduce the risk and help to protect your heart.
Signs and Symptoms of CHD:
The most common signs and symptoms of CHD is angina or chest pain. Another common symptom of coronary heart disease is the shortness of breath. The severity of both these symptoms varies according the plaque buildup that continues to narrow the coronary arteries. Some people with CHD have no signs or symptoms and this condition is called as silent CHD. The coronary heart disease may not be diagnosed in some people until they show the signs and symptoms of a heart attack, arrhythmia or a heart failure.
- Is coronary heart disease hereditary?
- Are women affected by the coronary heart disease with the same rate as men?
- How will I get an appointment with the best doctor in India?
- Are the hospitals in India well equipped and as per the international standards?
- What mode of payment do you accept?
Diagnosis of CHD:
Your doctor will diagnose a CHD based on your risk factors for CHD, medical and family history, a physical exam and the results from the tests and procedures. Since no single test can diagnose CHD, your doctor may recommend one of the following tests:
- EKG (Electrocardiogram)
- Stress Testing
- Blood Tests
- Coronary Angiography and Cardiac Catherization
- Chest X Ray
What are the Treatments for Coronary Heart Disease?
The treatments for coronary heart disease (CHD) include lifestyle changes, medicines and medical procedures. The treatment goals are:
- Relieve the symptoms of CHD
- Reduce the risk factors to slow, stop or reverse the accumulation of plaque
- Lower the risk of blood clot formation
- Widen or bypass the clogged arteries
- Prevent the complications of CHD
Making certain lifestyle changes can help to prevent or treat CHD. These include:
- Follow a healthy diet
- Be physically active
- Manage stress
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Quit smoking
- Therapeutic lifestyle changes (TLC): Your doctor may recommend TLC, if you have high cholesterol. It is a three part program, including a healthy diet, physical activity and weight management
- Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH): Your doctor may recommend the DASH eating plan if you have high blood pressure.
If lifestyle changes aren’t enough, then you may need medicines to treat CHD. The medicines include ACE inhibitors, anticoagulants, beta blockers, nitroglycerin, calcium channel blockers and fish oil or other supplements that are high in omega-3 fatty acids.
These medications will help:
- Reduce the workload of the heart and relieve the symptoms of CHD
- Decreases your risk of heart attack and sudden death
- Prevent the blood clots
- Lowers your cholesterol levels and blood pressure
- Prevent or delay the need for a surgery
Procedures and Surgery:
If you need a procedure or surgery to treat CHD, you should discuss with your doctor to know which treatment is right for you. The following procedures or surgery are needed to treat the coronary heart disease:
- Angioplasty or Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI)
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG)
- Heart Transplant
Check out the Patient Testimonial, where the patient shares about their success stories from treatments through India Cardiac Surgery Consultants.
Why Choose India for Treating CHD?
Choosing treatment for the coronary heart disease in India provides you with quality treatments with medical expertise, state of the art that are at par with the international standards and cost effective treatments and surgeries. India is renowned for its integrated world class healthcare system with the best medical practices that is backed up by the cutting edge technology and comprehensive services for the international patients seeking treatments and surgery in India. The cost effective treatments in India allow the patient to take a free holiday tour for rest and recuperation at one of the most diverse and beautiful countries on the earth.
If you are really seeking treatments for the Coronary Heart Disease, kindly fill up the form for a free consultation with our expert cardiologists. You will be provided with thorough analysis and suggestions regarding the Coronary Heart Disease treatments you are seeking for.
Click to Here Fill up our Enquiry Form