What is Ventricular Septal Defect Surgery (VSD)?
- Ventricular Septal Defect in India is a hole in the heart that is present at the time of birth.
- The hole occurs in the heart that separates the lower chambers of the heart and allows blood to pass from the left to the right side of the heart.
- A small VSD will not cause any problems and most times than not, close on their own.
- The larger the VSD’s there is the need for surgery due to the complication.
How and where does VSD occur?
- The heart problems arise in the early development of the heart, but often no fixed cause can be attributed to it.
- Environmental along with genetics have a share in this regard. This deformity can occur alone or with other heart defects.
- During fetal development, VSD occurs when the muscular wall that separates the heart into the left and right sides fails to operate fully between the lower chambers of the heart.
- The VSD allows the oxygenated blood to mix with deoxygenated blood that causes the heart to work harder and provide sufficient amount of oxygen to the body tissues.
- It is also possible to acquire VSD at later stages of life, probably after a heart attack.
What are the Signs & Symptoms of Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD)?
Signs and symptoms of serious heart defects often appear during the first few days, weeks or month of a child’s life. Some of the symptoms in a baby include :
- Fast breathing
- Poor eating habits
- Getting tired fast
- The signs and the symptoms may depend to a large extent on the size of the hole and other associated heart defects.
How is Ventricular Septal Defect diagnosed (VSD)?
Ventricular Septal Defect often causes a heart murmur, that the doctor can hear using a stethoscope. If the doctor, hears any sound or any other signs and symptoms, he or she may require to undergo the following tests :
- Chest X ray : it helps the doctor to view the images of the lungs and the heart
- Electrocardiogram : the electrical activity of the heart is recorded with the help of electrodes attached to the skin.
- Echocardiogram : the sound waves produce a sound image of the heart, which helps the doctors to ascertain whether there is VSD and find out on whether the heart is functioning properly.
- Pulse oximetry : the small clip on the finger tip measures the amount of oxygen in the blood.
Which Treatment is advised for Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD)?
- Most babies who are affected by VSD will not require surgery to close the hole. After the baby is born, the doctor would want to observe the baby and treat the symptoms to find out on whether the hole in the heart repairs on its own.
- For little ones, who need surgical procedure they may have to undertake in the first year.
- Some form of medications may be subscribed that relate to increase the strength of the heart’s contradictions, and decrease the amount of fluid in the circulation and in the lungs.
- In addition to this the main objective is to keep the heartbeat regular on all counts.
What are the Surgical procedures advised for VSD?
The surgical procedure related to VSD, involves patching or plugging the abnormal opening between the ventricles using any one of the below mentioned procedures :
- Surgical Repair : this procedure in most cases than not involves open heart surgery under general anesthesia. An incision is made in the chest and a lung machine. The doctor uses stitches or patches to close the hole.
- Catheter Procedure : When you use this procedure, the doctor inserts a thin tube into the blood vessel in the groin and guides it on to the heart.
- Hybrid procedure : is a combination of the above two techniques. The access to the heart is usually through a small incision and the procedure may be performed without stopping the heart and using the heart lung machine. The recovery from this procedure is quicker than the standard surgery process and Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD) Surgery in India Reviews of patients indicate that several patients have benefitted from this surgery.
- If one is advised that their kids need to be on a dose of antibiotics, before any form of surgeries, then you need to have a word with your doctor. In the current scenario antibiotic treatment is suggested for people who have a higher chance of developing complications.
How can you have a healthy pregnancy in order to avoid your baby from having VSD?
- In most cases you cannot do anything to prevent having a baby with VSD. But it is important to take precautions so that one has a healthy pregnancy.
- Try to get parental care even before you are pregnant– Reducing stress or quitting smoking are some of the things which you need to discuss with your doctor before you get pregnant. Discuss with your doctor any medications which you are taking as well
- Intake of a balanced diet- Limit the intake of caffeine and include a vitamin supplement that includes folic acid
- Exercise plan – talk to your doctor and develop a proper exercise plan
- Reduce risks- this includes harmful substances such as cigarettes, alcohols and drugs. If possible, avoid X rays and tubs
- Keep your sugar levels under control- if you have diabetes, work with your doctor and keep it to permissible levels before you get pregnant.
- Avoid infections- Be sure to that you are up to date on all vaccinations before you get pregnant as certain type of infections can be harmful to a developing fetus.
Why choose an Indian Hospital for Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD) Surgery?
Affordable Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD) Surgery in India is provided by most of the top notch hospitals in the country. Some other positives of Indian hospitals are as follows :
- Most of the top notch hospitals have set up international departments to cater to the needs of the foreign patients.
- Indian is as competitive as south Asian countries in the quality of health care, through the network of world class facilities and medical centers. The latest machines incorporate in the domain of health care and moreover the world class surgeons and doctors at it, are more in number than any regional health care providers
- The medical centers in the country have stringent government controls on the policy of promotion or advertisement. In fact, one would rarely find an advertisement in any form of print of electronic media. But one compares it to the South Asian countries the facilities are at par. Where Indian scores over them is in terms of human capital.
- The developed countries of the world have a huge list of patients waiting for their turn for surgery. The situation is exactly the opposite in India as one can get admitted the same day and the surgery can also be possible the same day. So other than any emergency cases, India happens to be the obvious choice for millions of medical tourists from all over the world.
What is the cost of Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD) Surgery in India?
- India is the most preferred choice as far as Low cost Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD) Surgery in India is concerned.
- The low rates are because of the low operating costs along with the low conversion rates.
- When one compares the cost of treatment they can save close to 40% of the cost getting the surgery in India.
- It would be better off availing the services of a medical tourism company as they have eminent panelists who can guide you at each and every step of the medical journey. But seek alliance with a company that has a proven track record.
How to plan your child’s VSD Surgery in India?
- Send us your query and medical reports
- Get the advised opinion and treatment plan from us within 48 hours from multiple hospitals
- Choose your preferred hospital and clear your concerns if you have any
- We will assist you with medical VISA, Vaccination, FRRO, Travel, Accommodation and Logistic Process
- Arrival arrangements will be done for your pick up at the airport based on your itinerary
- Treatment will start at the hospital as planned
- Once the treatment is done, you can fly back
- Post treatment follow up and consultation will be done by us via email, phone, skype
Pediatric Heart Conditions, Affordable Ventricular Septal Defect (vsd) Surgery in India, Free Consultation Ventricular Septal defect (vsd) surgery in India, Low Cost Ventricular septal Defect (vsd) Surgery in India, Ventricular septal defect (vsd) in India, Ventricular Septal Defect (vsd) Surgery in India Reviews, Low Cost Ventricular Septal Defect Surgery in India, Ventricular Septal Defect Surgery at Top Hospitals in India, Top Ventricular Septal Defect Surgeons in India